Glanz moving magnet cartridges

Hi,

I have just acquired an old Glanz G5 moving magnet cartridge. However, I cannot find out any details about this or the Glanz range or, even the company and its history.

Can anyone out there assist me in starting to piece together a full picture?

Any experiences with this or other Glanz's; web links; set up information etc would be warmly received. Surely someone knows something!

Thanks in hope
dgob
Regards, Nandric: Audio Technica nomenclature is simple. Almost. In the instance of the TK(x) carts, the first production might be called "big-block" carts, they are most easily described as rectangular. This would include the TK7E (elliptical) and TK7SU (Shibata). Any revisions would have the added "a" after the designation, think "Mk 11". The TK(x)a carts are on the AT120 design, one that continues with the contemporary AT150MLX, 7V and 150ANV.

If you go to: http://www.turntableneedles.com/AUDIO-TECHNICA_c_25165.html and scroll to near the bottom of the page, you'll find the styli for both the TK7LCa and just beneath it, the TKN22 for the earlier design. Click on the image & then hover the arrow over the pictured stylus & it'll rotate. A really useful feature.

Pay attention to the "plug", the feature that inserts into the "socket" at the bottom of the generator. The early iterations have a round plug, the later design is rectangular. They are not cross compatible. Also, the bottom of the generator is angled, there are differences here, too. Other considerations can usually be overcome by a determined man wielding a hobby knife.

If your cart looks like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDIO-TECHNICA-SIGNET-TK7LCA-CART-GENUINE-AUDIO-TECHNICA-SIGNET-TKN7EA-STYLUS-/160876230864?pt=US_Record_Player_Turntable_Parts&hash=item2574f878d0

then you & Henry can resume negotiations.
Peace,
Timeltel,

"Now, out of respect for Dgob shall we return to the discussion".

Don't mind me.

As always...
Dear Nikola,
My 'Slavic' friend......perhaps I was dreaming of the Baltic?
I was not impressed with Belgrade when I was there 40 years ago.....and in a Skopje campsite (I know it's really Macedonia but then.....everything was Yugoslavia!) on the toilet wall was written...."If the world were shaped like an elephant, then Skopje would be the a..hole".

Our friendly Professor has confirmed my thoughts...and at the same time....'invented' another friendship 'test'!!!?
To clarify his 'gospel' a little further.......when I purchased my NOS Signet TK-7Ea....it came complete with the No.2 and No.3 Signet stylus assemblies.
With the No.2 inserted ( as I understood it)....you had the standard 7Ea whilst with the No.3...you had a TK-7SU (Shibata profile).
This is Audiofeil's favourite cartridge according to his postings?
There was another Signet stylus assembly (which I have never seen but the Professor actually owns).....with a Line Contact diamond which....when inserted.....transforms the 7 into the TK-7LCa (the Professor's favourite cartridge).
The 155Lc is the closest we mere mortals can come to this behemoth and in my book.......it is pure bouillabaisse!

Regards
Dear Henry, You are right: in comparison with our Professor
we are 'mere mortals'. He just 'explained' to me how 'simpel' the nomenclature of AT and Signet cart is????
This reminds me of my best friend at high school who try
to convince me that mathematics is 'actually' very simpel. He had obviously no idea how insulting this opinion of his was for me. This measerable postfix 'Ea' to which I pay no
attention whatever means that I bought the worst and the oldest model 7. My euphoria as expressed with: 'My gosh I at last got one' was obviously premature. The drama is even worst because there is no way to improve the situation with the 155 LC implant which I would get for free from a friend from a developing , but big country.
Regarding my former , former Yugoslavia there is a huge comfort in the fact that only few people are architect. This kind of human kind admire only their own work and are in particular never satisfy with the work of their colleauque. As I undertand there is some kind of nostaligia for the former Yugoslavia such that a horde of Slovenian and even those damn Croats travel to Beograd for the booze (the best Sliwowitz there is) and the folk music. Nobody care about the buildings if those are not own property.

Dear Dgob, We will return to your 'thematics' as soon as anyone succeed to find any of those misterious Glanz carts.

Regards,
Hi Nandric,

"Dear Dgob, We will return to your 'thematics' as soon as anyone succeed to find any of those misterious Glanz carts."

Totally acceptable by me and no sarcasm intended in my response to Timeltel. Just reading it back I can see how I might have lent to that impression.

As always...