Looking for input on record clamps.

Please share experiences with record clamps, such as, Shun Mook, Harmonix, etc. I am looking at the changes I may experience substituting a Walker clamp on Proscenium TT.

Thanks, Steve
siddh
Hi, the Shun Mook clamp has since gone up in price. It lists for approx $2800 IIRC and there is a waiting period to get these. He only makes a certain number of pieces per year.

Is it worth the money? It's up to you. Turntables can cost $100,000 and high end cables can cost upwards of $20,000/pr so why not this clamp... If you're looking to tweak till the nth degree, this is your ticket.
Hi Gerbie,
Is the clamp on your table yet? If so, what analog set-up and what changes are you experiencing? $2800.00 on an item I have not heard in my system is a bit cavalier for me.

Thanks, Steve
Hi Steve

I have the Shun Mook Clamp on my VPI Aries3 for over a year now. The sound came alive, smooth and rounded compares to previous BDR clamp. However if you want to experience before you invest the money, I would suggest you can try the Mpingo disc. Recently I add 2 more disc on my front wall. I had only one at the top of the wall before, but after spoke to Bill of Shun Mook, he suggested to put one more at the middle and one at the bottom. Immediately the singers are moving at least 2 feet upfront, like he/she is singing in front of you and the bass have authority, not too heavy but your pants can feel it.
ps I think Shun Mook products are more suitable for tubes based environment.
The Sutherland Clamp is a fine piece of manufacturing, looks great and sounds not too bad, enables you to adjust the speed by 0.001 visualized by a red laser to a point you decide when putting the clamp on (eg. the wall behind the table). Having so much features you pay a good price... it is not a heavy one, you may compare it with the latest Harmonix version - also pricewise. I use it on my Naka.