Establishing a common analog listening bias

Maybe it is possible to establish a widely accepted common ground in terms of listening bias by choosing and agreeing on 10-30 LPs all readily available new to all audiophiles for decent price.
If all listening tests and personal comments regarding the sound of components and systems in the various threads and posts would refer to any of these LPs mainly, everyones comments and experiences would much easier be understood by their fellow Audiogoners.

How about an "Audiogon baker's double-dozen"?

This would create a solid ground for all of us.

How do you think about this ?
dertonarm
Dear All, again:

- only CURRENT available NEW records.
NO vintage first pressings - NO super limited edition high-price reissues (4-set 45 rpm etc).
It is NOT going for the absolute best sonic version, but for a common base.
We need an easy available to everyone for NORMAL price record.
If the recording is available on CD too ( even if that medium is dead and gone by 2011.....) - even better.

Cheers,
D.
Right,
I vote for:
- A. Krauss 'so long so wrong'
- Santana (MFSL re-issue) 'ABRAXAS'
- Mussorgsky 'Pictures at an Exhibition' (Classic, LSC-2201) Reiner CSO
- Rachmaninov 'Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini' (Classic LSC-2430) Reiner CSO
May I add some ideas about that?
Forget those "Audiophile " Pressings (or the most ), they have nothing to do with the real thing, or Reissues, their high frequencies are lost in general.
These pressings are nice to have, sound good for most Systems, but they do it in lower class C Systems, too. These records don't go with the better Systems, they level everything. The only exception I know is the 1. LSC series from Classic Records when Wilkinson was hired for checking the process.
When someone has no idea about that, try to learn and don't list records which are better saved in the "Records To Die From" List
I list a few which are easily to get in 2. Hand market for little money too

Some of the good - normal- ones:

AC/DC ( Bon Scott ) High voltage Atlantic 1//1,2,4 2//1,2
Cash, Jonny American Recordings American 9455201 1//1,3,7
Eagles Hell Freezes Over Geffen 24725 2//1,2 3//3
Scruggs, Earl Nashville's Rock Columbia CS1007 1//5,6 2//3,4
Wassermann, Rob Duets MCA 42131 1//3,4 2//1

Classic Records
Bruch Scottish Fantasy - Heifetz RCA LSC 2603-45
Gounod / Bizet Faust - Carmen RCA LSC 2449-45
Walton Facade Suite RCA LSC 2285-45

Soundtrack Paris, Texas Warner 925270-1 1//1,2,3,4,5,6 2//1,2
Soundtrack The Graduate Columbia OS 3180 "360 Sound"

They can show the "Real thing", AC/DC has an enormous upper headroom...
Dear Syntax, not exactly the 3-5 records I asked for, but - as you know only too well...... - I would agree on almost all of them.
I hope many more Audiogoners will join here - maybe we can really establish something of use for everyone of us.
Cheers,
D.
I would like to suggest Keep it Hid with Dan Auerbach, one I like but maybe not as easy to find is Madman Across the Water with Elton John