Early 1970's rock: Name some of your favorites

I've been listening to a local FM station a little more recently and have been enjoying some of the "flashbacks" that they've been playing. I'm primarily talking about stuff from Bowie, Roxy Music, Velvet Underground and yes, even the Stones, etc...

As such, i thought it would be neat to dredge up the past and ask some of you to contribute a "few" of your favourite albums from this time. This might also help others find some "gems" that may have been overlooked. Just remember, we're talking early to mid 1970's, not your favourite rock albums of all time. Sean
>
sean
Early 70's....Pink Floyd "DSOM" and "Meddle" and 17 year old ozzy on Sabbaths 1969 debut that sounded ahead of it's time.
Aereosmith "Self Titled" "Get Your Wings" ZZTop "Tres Hombres" "Fandango" Lynyrd Skynrd "Pronounced" Second Helping" Alice Cooper "Easy Action" "Love It To Death" "Killer" ' Billion Dollar Babies" Queens "self titled"[There only rock alblum imho] Robin Thrower "Bridge Of Sighs" UFO "Lights Out" Montrose "Self Titled" Uriah Heep "Demons And Wizards" Rush "Fly By Night" "All The Worlds A Stage" REO "live' Slade "Sladest" Genesis "Trick Of The Tale" AC/DC "Dirty Deeds" Jeff Beck "Blow By Blow" JGeils Band "live" Bob Segar "Live Bullit" Ted Nugent "Self Titled debut" Allman Brothers "Eat A Peach" Yes "Fragile" Humble Pie "Smokin" Neil Young 'Harvest" "After the Goldrush" "Zuma" Bob Dylan "Blood on the Tracks" Outlaws "Self Titled" Molly Hatchet "Self Titled" Golden Earing "Moontan" Alan Parsons Project "I Robot'

These are a few of my early 70's to mid 70's memories with Led Zep and others left out as i am sure they have already been mentioned......anyone have any conections at Sony music so we can get some of these on SACD before are ears give out?
Any of you guys remember a band called "Dust" ? I used to have two of their albums. One was called "Hard Attack" and i can't remember the name of the other one, which was the better of the two.

What made me think about this was hearing a Ramone's song on the radio. Marc Bell aka "Marky Ramone" was in Dust. The funny thing is, he looked exactly the same in 1972 as he did when he played with the Ramones. Probably still had the same jeans with blown out knee's and leather !!! : )

Judging by some of the nominations on this list, i can tell that some of you are highly experimental people. And i don't mean "just with music" either : ) Sean
>
Hey Sean,
Thanks for the info, I never knew that about Marc Bell. I remember he was kind of a studio player on a few now obscure rock lps I had. I liked the 2nd record (Hard Attack) alot more. The original issue had a killer reproduction of one of Frazetta's best paintings on the cover. The cd I have on Repertoire sounds like a hack job on the digital transfer. Do you know what ever happened to Richie Wise (their #@%*** crazy guitar player)? Were you ever into Sir Lord Baltimore? Their 1st is one of the best head whompin' early 70's power trio records ever made. The 1st Patto kicks some serious ass too.
Sean I knew that about Marc after Bruce of the Record Stop told me about him about 18 years ago, have one of their LPs. Saw Dust in a free WNEW-FM concert in Prospect Park in Brooklyn, they opened for Flash (made up of the orginal members, guitarist and keyboardist of Yes) way back in 1971/72. (See my concert list post for dates)