No phono input on Jadis but want to buy tunrtable

Have a Jadis OR integrated amp and I want to buy a nice turntable to get back into vinyl after more than 30 years....

I have no phono inputs. What do I need to buy to make sure that I have everything I need to make this operate properly?

And what should I is a good 'complete' turntable system for something in the $500-$600 range?

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate the terrific advice that I get from you all in here !
128x128mattzack2
Mattzack, I am assuming you also need a cartridge to go with your TT. I would go for a Moving Magnet cartridge as it will eliminate the need for a pre-preamp.

The phono stage will plug directly into an AUX input on your integrated. Personally, if you're still game, I would jump on the Hagerman Cornet2 which just showed up on Audiogon. It is a DIY kit with a great reputation, which has been completed for you, and is offered for less than the cost of the parts. I think Tom_hankins has some decent suggestions as well. If you buy carefully, those mentioned will not lose you much should you decide the whole thing is not for you.

Disclosure: no affiliation whatsoever to any products mentioned.
I have a funny feeling that this is going to get a little more expensive than I was thinking..

You sir are correct..

You have a lot of very nice gear and I am sure an appreciation for good sound. Once you get going down the vinyl path you will surely see what many of us have come to love about vinyl playback and will invest accordingly.
If you not want to spend an arm and leg for quality, go for Graham Slee Revelation. A real revelation!
Jean.
Well... I am waiting for the Hageman Concert2 that I chose to start things rolling with. I expect that with show up someime next week.

I am going to look at a Linn Axis table tomorrow night. It comes with the Basik arm and a K9 cartridge. Any suggestions on this setup?

At the same time, does anyone have any suggestions on an Acoustic Research XA table? I am not sure if the sentimental value outweighs the performance value on this setup.

Thanks for the great help again people. This site if awesome!