Record Sleeve Recommendation

Any useful recommendation regarding record sleeves?

I've read the MOFI's can snag and the generic polylined sleeves leave a small portion of the record exposed....

Thanks
voodoochild
Most if not all aftermarket sleeves are better than the standard paper sleeves. I use mofi myself as replacements for the paper sleeves. The clear sleaves with the rounded end that come with most japenese pressings are nice the way they easily slide back into the jacket. I haven,t had a problem with them and the last Classic Records issue I bought of Neil Young at Massey Hall had these for sleeves instead of the poly lined rice paper. I don,t like having any of the lp exposed after cleaning them either but it is still better than the plain paper sleeves.Most of the sellers I buy from sell and ship the albums with the poly lined sleeves anyway. I use those japenese outer sleeves with the resealable opening over the jacket to ensure no dust or debris finds it way inside. Cheers
I agree with the MOFIs-more expensive, but worth it. Never had any 'snagging' issues-not sure what you mean. The corners tend to fold over as you slide them into the jackets, but that's not really an issue.

As for using paper sleeves on the chance that your house burns down-that's like parking your car outside in case your garage catches fire. Paper sleeves are the worst thing this side of sandpaper sleeves to store your records.
You could check out piece I wrote for PFO a while back on the subject.

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue38/lp_sleaves.htm

Myles Astor
Myles,

Thanks so much for the article. I am going to try the Record City sleeves and see how I like them. As I stated above, I have always had great luck with the poly lined/paper backed sleeves, but I'm willing to try something new...thanks!
Mofi, don't know if you're refering to Sleeve Town/Sleeve City's "Diskeeper Ultimate Audiophile Inner Sleeves" mentioned in Myles' article, but I wasn't impressed with them. They could be fantastic sleeves for the money but they were designed/manufactured just slightly too narrow so that when you slide the LP into them they will often split. I've had to tape the split seams on more than half of the sleeves I bought. They don't always split the first time you put a LP into them but it seems that eventually they will. Again, they have potential, but until they get the sleeve design and manufacturing corrected they aren't worth the savings compared to the Mobile Fidelity sleeves. If you do buy the SleeveTown sleeves, I'd only buy a small batch to start with to see if they've fixed them yet.

Tom