What is the Phono stage you have finished with?

Hello, Like many I have an e.a.r 834p, and it has served me well for many years, I am now however looking for a new MC phono stage. I am up for going quite a few stages up from the ear (so the next phono will last me a few years!).

Would like to hear from you guys who have already gone down this road!
Happy listening

Cheers
James
sme10
Noro,
I thought the same thing, when I went from a PS Audio GCPH to a Simaudio LP5.3 with PS5.3 external power supply. retail was about $3000 and I got used for about $1250. but, when I got the opportunity to pick up my Manley Steelhead for a steal, and with its 3 phono and one line input and a multitude of gain and loading options, I had to try it out. And I am more than glad I did. The Simaudio was excellent, but the Steelhead is just another level entirely, and since I run multiple tables and arms, it really has the functions I need. I couldnt afford it either at its retail price, but keep looking long enough and deals do come up. You just have to snatch them when you can.
Manitunc, I hear you. I guess I would have to hear it to be swayed to step up to the plate. I can buy a lot of records for that upgrade!
Going back over the last 5 years, I went from a NAD 3020 to a Cullen Modified GCPH to a KRELL KPE to a Jasmine 2.0 MKII and just recently to a Liberty B2B. Each move was a significant upgrade. I only use the MM section and use a step up transfomer. FULL DISCLOSURE - I manufacture step up transformes.