Best natural, musical DAC under $3K?

I've been using a Oppo HA-1 headphone amp/DAC in my system and for $1200 no doubt it's an excellent value in the Oppo tradition. As a DAC it had good detail, handled complex passages well, but sounded a bit staged and unnatural to my ears especially in the upper registers.

Of course I'd have to up quite a bit in price, but for under $3K what's your recommendation for "natural" "correct" "organic" "musical" DAC that would do at least partial justice to my just in Verity Parsifal speakers?

So far my top three contenders are:

1) Chord Hugo
2) Wyred4Sound SE
3) Cary Audio 100-T

Any clear choice here? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!
larrybou
Try Ayre QB9. It is one of the best sounding DAC under 5K range. The current DSD version is beyond 3K price range. but the original QB9 is around 2K used and you can also choose to upgrade to DSD version with 500USD later on.
Do yourself a huge favor and look into an audio note kit dac...it's everything you describe. You can have one built for you for about half your budget!
My vote is definitely for the Hugo.

I have tried out many different DAC's over the past years and found the QuteEX to be by far the best. The Hugo is based on the QuteEX plus adds the portability and headphone amp. Pretty super deal.