How is it ? that a tuner smokes the table ???

"(cats out of the bag)"

my friends dynalab 109 tube tuner blows away his turntable front end that costs 4X as much!!!

Can any one explain how a cd or analog turntable at a radio station gets played and sent thru the air and gets
reconstructed at the tuner is the single highest quality
source in hiend two channel reproduction !

that blows me away and I can understand it ?

IMHO tuner highest source than turntable than CD in that order.

I wish somebody told me this before I spend so much money !

what sayest thou ?
jimpcn
My Mcintosh MR71 sounds fuller and has better bass than my Spacedeck with Shelter 501.
A great tuner is an excellent source, often forgotten in these days of computer audio.
Keep in mind, that radio station may be using DACS that are much, much better than the dacs in your (or your friends CD player) and TT may not be either set up properly or up to snuff. I had a local FM station and when it was up and running, I was amazed at how incredibly good it sounded, even though FM rolls of at, say $15khz?

It was my favotite source at that time. Station sice was hit by lightning and no longer plays Jazz. (Long story-they are now www.purejazzradio.com).
Why is it a problem that his tuner sounds so good?? It seems that we've all forgotten that in the days when vinyl was all there was, there were also a great deal more diversity in FM radio programming . . . and a high-quality FM tuner was very much considered an "audiophile" source.

Having spent some time both as a broadcast engineer and restoring/aligning vintage tuners . . . I can assure you that FM stereo, as a medium, has the potential for MUCH better performance than an LP. It's just that so few broadcasters, and tuners, take advantage of it anymore.
I'm fortunate to receive a 24 hour jazz station out of Toronto (CJRT, 91.1).

On both of my Mac tuners (71 and 77) the sonics are clearly superior to any of the digital machines here.

But not the vinyl front ends.