Can Sound-Smith tip sound as good as original?

I need to repair a damaged cantilever on a Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood cartridge. Will the aluminum alloy/nude elliptical option from Sound-Smith match the quality of the original cantilever and stylus?

Thanks
jwglista
Buconero117: Do you have personal experience with Sound-Smith retips? Could you please elaborate?

Thanks
I would agree that the retip will not affect the sound of the original cartridge, so pick which ever stylus/cantilever you want. However, I can highly recommend the ruby cantilever with line contact stylus. I had Soundsmith do this retip combination on my Dynavector XV-1s. The cartridge retained all of its characteristics and sounds while gaining in tracking ability and detail retrieval.

If you want a great performing cartridge after the repair then don't hesitate to go with the Soundsmith retip.
Dear Jwglista: One of the cartridges that I re-tipped through SS was my Virtuoso ( no Ruby cantilever but aluminum. ) and I can say is like the original.

IMHO if any one of us in any cartridge change the cantilever build material ( Ruby instead boron or aluminum, et. ) change the original cartridge design/performance, no single doubt about.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
On the Lyra I had done was a re-tip. Replace the diamond stylus on the original cantilever. I experienced no change in signature. However when the cantilever is replaced, no doubt a change in signature is quite likely. My process was new diamond on the originial cantilever, the suspension was not touched as it was still in spec. Sounds fantastic and I completley recommend Soundsmith for this type of work.
Thanks everyone. Well I have no choice but to get the cantilever replaced because I purchased it bent. Raul has said that he had his Virtuoso cantilever replaced with the standard aluminum one from Sound Smith and it sounds almost the same. I'm considering upgrading to the ruby cantilever, just to be sure I get the same level of performance as the original cantilever.