Tonearm for rega Planar 3

Hi all,
Just purchased a Planar 3 here sans tonearm. I would like to install a good arm. Any suggestions other than the rb300/301? Is the 301 a better arm than the 300? Any experiences with the Michell or Moth versions? I will be using a Grado Platinum cartridge. Should I go with a rega cartridge as well?
Thanks
skipper320
Hi Stanwal,

Of course, it is always the old "garbage in, garbage out" scenario. I don't contest that. I do challenge the concept that a turntable can be good, and still not let a tonearm that fits do its job to the fullest extent. If that is the case, a new turntable is in order. Also, I fully agree that many things are at work in a properly designed turntable. It is never as simple as it appears, but good turntables are flexible without sonic hits due to their operation and makeup. Whether the tonearm is any good is another question, altogether.
Hi guys,
Thanks for all of the responses. I was looking at the moth MK1 aka the rega RB 251. Acadia audio sells this arm with options for an incognito rewire and vta adjustment. I am inclined to go this route because the table I purchased was monted with a higher priced rega arm that used the 3 point mounting method which this new rb 251 also uses. They claim this is a more stable mounting method and sells for around $220.00 without mods. Is the rewire worth the extra cost?
Mingles, my budget is around $300.00. I was hoping to find a used arm here for around that price.
Thanks
Mosin, you never said anything about a turntable being "good', you stated clearly that the only design parameters for a turntable was speed accuracy. I tried to point out that "Without imparting anything etc. " could cover almost any conclusion you wish to draw. All turntables and all arms have their own ideosynceries and "logic" will tell you that some will match up better than others.