Anyone own a Pioneer Exclusive P3 ??

wondering if any one has heard one and how competitive it is to today's 10k tables

http://www.thevintageknob.org/PIONEER/P3/P3.html#
downunder
Jaspert:

It's the P3a with the minor blemish on the base-foot? It looks quite allright, bigger issue to me should be the fact that the rubber mat is missing, but shurely you should be able to find a suitable replacement..

I was offered that one as well, since I was on the waiting list at hifido for a P3(a).. Since I just got one from Yahoo I passed.

Congratulations again with this great piece of engineering.
I saw the one on hifido as well. It's listed as a P3a but the front and back plate just say P3 unlike the picture of the other sold one which says P3a both places. Not that it makes much difference. They're close to the same and either way it's a great machine. Not sure the rubber mat is a huge deal. I think T_bone uses a cu-180 on his anyway.
Where do these P3s get checked out/rebuilt typically? I assume at their age they need some checkup, maintanance, and possibly cap/diode changes.
I'd be interested in hearing how the transaction with hifido goes. They seem like a good source for these.
Sonofjim:
I actually think the TT on Hifido is a P3 plinth with P3a arm.. you can read on the vintageknob about the differences between the two, which are marginal btw..

Pioneer has its own servicecenter in Japan which still services all their highend units, like the P3, C3, M3, M4, M5, F3, C5, C7, M7, M8 etc. etc. etc. Any P3 should be serviced by this center before it's shipped to anywhere outside Japan, it's worth every penny!

Jaspert: May I ask: does it come with both tonearms? If not: these arms are being offered for sale every now and then on Yahoo..
Hi Gents

The difference between P3 & P3a is the slightly upgraded tonearm. The plinth/motor unit sound the same according to Pioneer technicians. as mentioned in vintage knob, the changes in s/n ratio was new measurements, not better table.

as Jwfabrie mentioned, Pioneer Japan do the service on any Exclusive product for life. My P3 was serviced, but generally the main issues are damping fluid in the inside of the tonearm, so they generally do a dismantle and clean.
My P10 had no service, however it has worked flawlessly sine I received it, so it may be no big deal.

Maybe T-bone can comment on caps etc, but remember the P3 was the best table pioneer could make, so it is way over engineered.
Downunder,
What differences do you find between the P3 and P10. Often, a higher model number would indicate a more advanced design. That doesn't appear to be the case here(as in the sp-10 and sp-15).
What table do you listen to the most((AC-3, P3, P10)?