Ortofon 2M Black vs, Clearaudio Maestro

Just curious if anyone has compared these two cartridges and what their opinions are. Thanks. Bob
bobgates
Sabocat59, the Ace may not cut it. You may have to go up to the Glider or Maestro to do better than you are getting with your Virtuoso and 2M Black. I had a Glider before my Virtuoso and they are really good. A little tougher to handle though. They can ring and do a few other nasties that MCs are prone to. But when they're on, they're great.
Hmm. Good advice. So maybe I should go with the maestro. I w ould be interested in the difference in performance between the two- the v. And the m.
That is a good question and the answer I think would require having both of them on hand for direct comparison. I would think they are more similar sounding than they are different. That being said, their marketing blurb says:

The Maestro features the same design as the popular Virtuoso but with a new integral body for greater rigidity. With this improvement, you will notice an increase in dynamics and tighter image focus. The Maestro is equiped with a solid boron rod cantilever and Trygon P2 stylus (same stylus used on the famous Insider MC cartridge!) for decisive power not generally found in a Moving Magnet cartridge.

If the m. is even "tighter" than the v., it may not be heading up your alley as far as taste is concerned based on your 2M experience...