KAB 1200 vs. everything else.

A few weeks back I asked Kevin of KAB USA what price level a fully modded 1200 competes with, and he thought somewhere in the 4500-5000 dollar price range. His reasoning was that the business concentrates on romantic reproduction rather than technical reproduction. It sounded plausible, but I am pretty new to analog playback. What do you think of this claim--Cheers
jmoog08
Not necessarily true it's a given because your preamp might handle line better than phono

Besides some people have separate preamplifier for phone and line

Besides, the interconnect is quite different on your tt to preamp versus cd tp preamp....power cords might be different too
Post removed 
Go right ahead and sell it, Tvad.
But then what about all those records that have not made it to CD? That might be the only drawback to dumping the analog front end.
Post removed 
Well, I love my 1210M5GSE with KAB fluid damper. I could (and probably will) do a few more upgrades but I think I am getting the best sound for the dollar now. I bet it is better than some that are higher-priced, and you will not find another better in the 1200/1210 price range.

Not one component in my system cost over $1000 (most under $500) and I think of myself as a more of a music fan (if my house was on fire I would rescue my vinyl first, gear second). Most musicians and music fans I know have systems worth less than mine. In fact most "audiophiles" I have met are really just wealthy individuals looking for something to spend money on. It is amazing to me that some think they only way you can enjoy music is if you are insanely wealthy. Oh well, just my two cents...