Another good Tool for VPI Table

Today I recieved my el cheapo Dial Indicator, and Vacuum Base-Stand from Harbor Freight for $37 shipped.

I knew my VPI HW-19 Mk-IV Platter's 3-point leveling adjustment was slightly off, and the Platter initially showed a .012" "Hump", or +-.006" error. After 15 minutes of adjusting, I got that error down to a .003" "hump", or +- .-0015" error.

For those who have such an adjustment on thier Platters, this might be a good tool to have in one's arsenal.
Mark
markd51
Holy moley Jean, what a system! Very unusual I must say, I never seen such a configuration on a Turntable.
Just awesome! Mark
Thank you Mark. This is a project started with the rediscovery of rim drive benefits over belt drive, but no upgrade from VPI for single motor, so I tried with spare parts and the result is well superior compared to one platter belt drive. The project is so rewarding that I continue with better damping and a new plinth will replace the acrylic one, a sandwich slate/aluminium/carbon full size plinth with a cool design. As always I have to try and compare before adopting a new step in progress. Also mylar belt drive with modified motor rubber shaft soon coming.
The tool you suggest on this thead is essential for proper platter adjustment.
Thanks for the input !
Jean.
Just a tought... this is a two person thread...we have an incredible way of communication so fast that no other way of click and return come far.I am in Belgium you USA just click and instant com. just incredible. Love that.
Well let's make it a three person thread.
Jloveys,
I love what you've done.Looking forward to more pictures as you make changes.Keep up the exploration!!