Walking Into A Brick & Mortar High End Audio Store

I am currently pretty satisfied with my system the way it is right now. I am not in the market for any new purchases right now, mainly because I don't have the discretionary income to make big changes. However, sometimes I get the urge to want to go into a hifi store just to look. Eventually I will upgrade my speakers, cd player, preamp, a new dac for sure and may give class D amps a shot...but not right now.

Is it cool to go into a store just to look around, knowing you don't have the money or immediate need for an item?
128x128mitch4t
I completely agree with Mapman. And great to hear for a dealer like Audiodistinction; that is the kind of dealer that will get my business.
Mithc4t, I'm talking about those people who only buy on the internet or just like to waste time without ever buying. Yes there are people like this; so that is why I recommend audio shows.
"Mithc4t, I'm talking about those people who only buy on the internet or just like to waste time without ever buying"

How about giving them a reason to maybe do otherwise, like just talk with them to see how you might help when they come in with no strings attached?

If the topic of buying off internet should come up, give them a reason to consider otherwise. A little kindness and attention might just help.
Fact is the internet is the biggest competition for any B&M store these days.

So B&M stores need to "know your enemy" and figure out a strategy to compete. The economics of scale with a mom and pop B&M shop surely cannot compete on price, so the only thing left is SERVICE!!!!!

Discouraging customers from coming in unless they are going to buy is the worst form of customer service. THat's all about the what the dealer wants, not the customer.

Guess what? No dealers/stores without customers. No customers without a reason to come in.

Customer service is THE ONLY ANSWER!!!!

Talk as in most things is not only the cheapest form of customer service, but possibly also the most valuable.

People long to talk to others about their problems. The internet tries to provide this sometimes via chat sessions, etc. but it can only happen best face to face.

Smart businesses will talk to their customers and listen to what they say to help improve the business. If they do not or cannot.....well good riddance.
Are you kidding? Audiogon allows 40-50% off of retail. Brick and Mortar if your lucky 10-20%. These people are not going to buy there no matter how nice the salesperson talks.