Mint Tractor

I'm sorry, I apologize, please forgive me for doubting all of you who have told me of the need for the Mint Protractor. I got it today, and just did a quick check to find that the cartridge is indeed off set up with the VPI protractor that comes with the Supercout/10.5i. I read the directions and it is a very tedious, and slow going procedure, so I'll get back in a while and tell you if I hear any differences.
128x128stringreen
Just received ours yesterday. No time to realign yet, but it looks as precise as other users have described. Nice tight fit on the spindle - too bad none of my LP's is drilled this accurately! ;-)

One technical correction to Yip's (excellent) instructions. For setting overhang he recommends setting the stylus on the outside end of the arc, moving to near the spindle, then adjusting cartridge position by the amount of the error.

Wrong - if you did that precisely as described you'd endlessly iterate between equal amounts of too much overhang and too little.

The correct procedure is to adjust for ONE HALF of the amount of the error. Then reposition the arc and iterate again.

FWIW, my overhang appears off by about .2-.3mm. Not much, but probably worth correcting. Saturday project coming up.

Cheers...

P.S. Loved the teeny tiny Magic Eraser bits. So cute!
Post removed 
I just ordered one for my recently ordered Tri-planar arm, which will go with my DPS-2 and Zyx Atmos.

It should be interesting to use and contrast, as I also have experience setting my table up with a friend's Dr. Feickert alignment disc.

But I like the price of this one much more than the Feickert and especially the Wally Tractor.
   I've been watching this thread with some interest, as I've been enjoying the benefits of Yip's handiwork for a couple of weeks now. I was sure Stanley would find improvement over the VPI jig, as I did. So refreshing to get such major improvement with so little cash outlay. Wish I could find several more similar upgrades for so little money.   Thanks Stan, for being so forthcoming with the happy results. I'm also quite interested in Doug's impressions after his re-calibration.  Good stuff!  Regards to all,  Dan
Post removed