Sota Millennia Vacuum?

Any current owners or ex-owners who can share their impressions.
Thank You
smoffatt
Sirspeedy, I'm very sorry to hear that. I know, the high end is a cottage industry. He said he would take care of me if I were to come back, which says a lot of his dedication and understanding.

I have moved on as you know. Having fun as always. That is the point of it all right? Cheers
I have owned all the vacuum decks in the line with my cosmos three now being in for the 4 upgrade. Yes, Kirk can be slow getting the work out as has been previously mentioned he is still servicing and upgrading the decks that were sold before he acquired the company. Im not normally a patient man but when I factor in the quality of the product the extremely reasonable price and the fact I am dealing with a company with great integrity I dont find the turnaround time to be a big factor. They stand behind their work and make an amazing product that in my opinion is well worth waiting for. As far as the difference between the 3 and the 4 I have heard everything from "night and day" to "cant hear much (any) difference". This is typical of high end audio. I cant hear the benefits of my friends new cables but he can and thats what matters. In James case it sounds like he had a cracked base and waited to long for the repair. Frustrating I know but they didnt rip him off, they performed the service and stood behind the product. If youve got a couple hours I could share some real horror stories about well known "hi end" companys that myself and others were outright screwed by and yet many still sing their praises. I have been an audio hobbiest for 40 yrs and consider the new Sota to be one of the great bargains and most honest people in audio today. A tip to anyone dealing with Sota is to communicate with Donna by e-mail. She will get back to you in a timely fashion and if Kirks input is needed she will see you get a call from him.
Happy listening
Good point Sirspeedy. There are lemons everywhere. Just look at GM, Ford and Chrysler. All 3 have had lemons and all 3 have had great products in the last 50 years. As far as Sota and its 2 owners are concerned, they are just GREAT to deal with. Like you, i have owned several Sota's in the last 20 years or so and i've had great experience with every model that came to me. If it was not for Kirk and Donna, Sota would be "dead" today and that would be a real shame. The 2 original owners/founders David Fletcher and Robert Becker were getting older and wanted out. They sold the company to a "guy" in IL who cared more about his speaker line than the Sota line. Kirk who worked for Sota at the time, knew the line very well and himself and Donna were offered to "buy" Sota Turntables and essentially, saved the company from oblivion. GOOD FOR THEM AND GOOD FOR SOTA OWNERS AND FUTURE OWNERS. Long live Sota and long live analog.

On a side note, I had ordered a power conditioner from a well respected/regarded US manufacturer just over a year ago. Brand new design/product. A real lemon. Nothing but problems. Had to send it back to the factory 4 times in the last 12 months to address different issues. Customer service was awesome but still...........

Anyway, i will not dvelve on this anymore than this, but my original post still remains unanswered. Thanks
Smoffatt,It may be hard to get owner feedback on the Millenia,because of the popularity of the Cosmos,and the lack of main stream press on the table.Audiophiles are a fickle bunch,and some need to see a review in his/her latest mag issue.

I have seen,played with,and heard the Millenia at a trade show.This was the first time I had met Kirk a few years ago.It was a very fine table,if you want to go with a seperate motor type design,which is popular.

I did read a really good review of it,in a foreign on line mag(forgot which one).There,the reviewer went "ga-ga" over it,and praised it immensely!

He statedthat it was more transparent than the majority of "Euro Designs" he was familiar with.This caught my eye because he was referring to some heavy hitter/heavy tables(which are all the rage now)!

The review went on to mention the table(the Millenia)was more revealing than the other tables he was familiar with,some costing big money.

What can I say?My impression is that "like almost anything else" hard to come by "locally",many folks prefer something a bit more "rare"...

Look at the foreign auto market.Ford,Chevy are all the rage overseas,and we love their stuff.....Definitely DUMB,imo!!

My approach is to get as much info as I can(reading,asking the mfgr questions etc)and exerting some common sense.

Does the product offer what I am looking for?Is the design/execution plausible?...

Then,things seem alot clearer to me,but that's just me!

Btw,awhle back Kirk told me he knew a guy who modded his own Millenia and is now able to mount "two" arms on it....

"THAT" is something I would like to be able to do,but cannot presently!!

Good luck.