Rega Elys II cartridge: Is it worth the money??

I am considering buying a Rega P3-24, but am not sold on Rega's cartridge, Elys II. I have read very little about it, except it being mentioned in last month's Absolute Sound review of the P-3-24. How does it stack up against the Dynavector 10X5, or either the Sumiko Blue Point#2 or the Sumiko EvoIII. The EVO and Dynavector are about $100 more in price and both are high output moving coils. The ElysII is a moving magnet. Need some input about this cartridge and whether it is competitive.
sunnyjim
The fact remains that practically all phono cartridges beyond the B.O.T.L units are grossly overpriced, making listening to Vinyl almost a rich man's hobby: assuming you must buy new. I avoid that like the plague. Occasionally I get burned, but at today's inflated prices I'm still ahead of the game.

I bought my Elys2 from a guy who bought it new and wasn't too impressed. Neither was I - having replaced an Elys 1(slightly better than a Grado Gold sans hum). I persisted though and as I bid on a Denon 160 and ran through the replace cartridge checklist for my RB300, all of a sudden I was listening to a different cartridge(I had changed nothing! this was after 25 hrs listening-adding to the 25 the p.owner had put on it). A deep, rich, full-bodied more detailed sound issued from my speakers that became rapidly more and more beguiling. This cartridge has a thing for drum kits!

Irritatingly I won the DL160 bid! Now what? Luckily the 160's stylus was so badly gunge'd it took a while to clean it! But I did. I fitted it. VERY flashy HI FI wise and great fun to listen to: GREAT Stereo imaging. After a while though I found myself missing the beguiling Elys2 and refitted it. The 160 sits languishing! A DL 160 retails for $190, the Elys2 another 60% more. But I've now bought 3 Elys at a 1/3rd the retail price - thanks Mikey! At it's retail price I wouldn't buy it, and be contented with a DL160; but with both...buy used - with that break-in period...
A previous incarnation of my system employed a Rega P3 with RB300 arm. I thought it logical to stick with a Rega cartridge due to presumed compatibility with the arm and ease of set-up. It replaced a likely decades-old Supex cartridge which was a throw-in with the used table. And I was never happy with the sound of the P3/RB300 with the Rega Elys so I sold it (the Supex sounded way, way better). The elys was replaced with the slightly more expensive Dynavector 10x4Mk2 (the 10x5's predecessor) and let me tell you - the difference was night and day. Compared to the dyna, the elys was strident, un-natural sounding, compressed and extremely unpleasant.

When it comes to budget turntables and especially tonearms Rega is a great choice. For cartridges they are easily bettered. If I were you I'd steer very clear of Rega cartridges.
I would suggest to get Audio Note IQ cart. I had Dynavector 10x5 on my P3 RB300 combo, and replaced it with Audio Note IQ2. Tremendous change.