Anti-skate

If the last song on your lp's sound the best, you have too much anti-skate.
mmakshak
Ok fella's this is alot of info for a guy like me. I did not think there was so much on the subject. I am off to the theater to see what taking the A S right out and listen for awhile. Then I will slowly work its way in until I find the right balance. Thanks, for taking the time to explain !!!!
Ghost_rider, I would like to caution you about going to far afield here, else you get lost. You can if you like, but many of these people have(or have heard)very sophisticated systems. If you get too confused, I would suggest you go with manufacturers advice(adding any experiences listed, or reviews to the mix), and maybe try lowering it very, very slightly and see if it improves the whole record. Since analog is so enjoyable, there is no rush until you actually hear what anti-skate does. I believe if records improve, you had too much anti-skate. I'de like to report a little on my VTF findings here. I believe that(since I started with too much VTF) as I lowered it, atmoshphere appeared, but the main thing VTF does has to do with getting the bass correct. BTW Ghost_rider(and this has nothing to do the VTF comment),that Eichmann Express interconnect's strong point is the bass, I believe(I own one.).
I just started really reading some of the responses here. Wow! I think these guys are giving some incredible insights on anti-skate(including that rotating headshell). Audiofeil and Larryi said something that got me thinking(and since my brain's CAT scan probably looks similar to that of a long-time methamphetimine user), and I have questions(this way I don't have to think). Did you guys resolve the compression making the inner grooves sound worse and the inner grooves should sound better due to the slower speed issue? How does the RIAA playback curve fit in this, or does it fit at all? I'm only guessing, but I would suspect compression on the inner grooves is used over expansion of the outer grooves.
Post removed