Scout Owners: How Much Cartridge?

Just curious how much you would invest in a cartridge for this table. At what price point does the table become a limiting factor in terms of what you can get out of a cartridge. I'm currently using a Dynavector 20XM but am thinking of an upgrade. Should I be considering a new table (perhaps further up the VPI line) or can the Scout (mine has the 300rpm motor upgrade) handle a much better cartridge and still get the most out of it? Thanks.
dodgealum
I am in the same boat with a Scoutmaster with non-signature arm. The arm is the limiting factor here, this is a low mass, if not ultra low mass arm, most of the higher end cartridges have lower compliance than the Dyna 20x, this arm should not track well with those cartridges. You can add weights and/or Cartridge Man isolator. Still, my choice will be to go with the 10.5i arm prior to upgrading cartridges.
Dodgealum...da better da cartridge, da better da sound. The VPI tables at any level are way overachievers. Don't be afraid to use the very best cartridge you can give it. Personally, I never had much luck with the Cartridge Man Isolator. Use the cartridge as the design team for it designed it. Regarding arms.. the 9 inch VPI is almost the same as the Sig, except that the Sig is wired with Valhalla. The 10.5 is wired with Valhalla as well. I updated the Sig for the 10.5. The sound difference, tracking ability, etc. was very minimumly better. The sound in both arms (after MUCH experimentation) is better with no anti-skate, and with yes some damping. The ability to dial in repeatable VTA is the big difference. If you don't play with VTA after initial setup, the upgrade may not be worth the expense.
Another tweak I have found to make significant improvement is the Mapleshade Nanomount System. It really helps with clarity, and is only $95. You don't get much to look at for your 95 bucks, but it's what it does that matters. Highly recommended.

Dan
Unless you've owned dozens of turntables and tonearms it's disingenuous for an amateur to deem VPI overachievers.

I owned a Scout and have taken a couple Scoutmasters in on trade. The build quality is average and the performance vis a vis their competition is also average, nothing more or less. My position on the tonearms is quite clear and I won't belabor that point again. Overachiever is hardly a term an experienced hobbyist/retailer would use.

Unless of course you owned or sold them.

Dealer disclaimer.
Has anyone tried Lyra cartridges on a standard VPI scout? The dorian is a rather light, but would it work on a VPI scout.