New Lampizator Level 4/ Version 4 DAC in the house

Wonder if any other new owners of this DAC are out there as I find it to be the finest digital playback I have heard to date. This is the first digital front end piece of gear I have owned that has transformed my music.

Ya, other digital gear does this or that better, but this Lampy breaks through to a new level of musical enjoyment. Clear view into the music helping the speakers just disappear. Only 24 hours of break in and the music flows so sweet, intimate and seemingly without boundaries.

Looking under the hood I see an impressive power supply with films caps and several high quality chokes. Point to point silver wired except for the digital and USB boards. This is a three tube player that is tube rectified. One has the option for SS rectification if desired.

Ya, I love this Lampy!
128x128grannyring
Bruce, they do make a difference. Not as much as upgrading to a Dude however:-)

I used them for years under speakers, amps, the Dude, CD players and each time the improvement was quite nice.

I keep watching for used ones as the smaller ones can be had for as little as $150. SP101, 102, and 103's. They are less expensive than the bigger models, but do a very nice job.
We all understand the importance of the output cap in our Lampi dacs. I see the input cap just behind the RCA input is rather unknown and not a known quality brand like Duelund or Jensen. Ever wonder what a cap upgrade in this position would do? The L4 has a .50 uf cap right behind the input.

I will report back!
Funny you mention this... Lukasz has been experimenting with that cap position and mentioned results have exceeded his expectations of changing that input cap.
Interesting. Who knows. I am the ultimate modder and have a passion for looking for places to improve. Many folks would stay away from these sorts of changes for obvious reasons. Many changes hurt and don't help. They sometimes just change things and not necessarly for the better.

I leave the top off of my Lampi and have already tried several things. This is one that may or may not yield any real improvement.

The parts quality in my Lampi dac are already very good, but part of my passion for this hobby is fine tuning to the perfect sound for my ears in my system. I love the smell of solder!

Has anyone managed to squeeze in an ST-shaped rectifier into their L4G4? I have heard of someone using an Osram/Marconi U52 but I don't see how it could possibly fit being ~ 4.5" tall.