Koetsu Urushi: Blue Sky, Vermillion, Tsugaru

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience about how these Koetsu Urushi models differ in sound? I know the Blue Sky and Vermillion have lower output, and that each have different coil materials, but how does this affect the sound, particularly the sound of the highs?
warjarrett
Lew, I have the plain old vanilla Koetsu Rosewood, and I agree coupled with a DD table you seem to get the best of both worlds.
The great tone of the Koetsu and the speed and control a well engineered DD table.

cheers
Dear Fjn04, Like most of us, I like what I have or what I have heard. I happen to have a Colibri, which is the yin to Koetsu Yang (or vice-versa), but I like it too. In a head to head, I might have to rank the Colibri above the Urushi. I also have an Ortofon MC7500, the grandfather of the MC A90. I still have not plumbed that one for all that it can probably do. I've been playing with MM/MI cartridges, too. The Azden 50VL is conceivably a better all around cartridge than many of the expensive MCs. I am very interested to hear the latest Transfiguration and Lyra cartridges, especially their mid-priced ones. Downunder makes a good point; when you combine the Urushi with a very good direct-drive turntable (like his P3 or my L07D), there is synergy.
Interesting stuff. I have heard Brinkman's new TT is a DD.
Thanks a bunch. Of course the Stone bodies are a little tougher to match on a tonearm.
I think Brinkmann now make two direct drive turntables, which they seem to sell right alongside their very excellent belt drive products. I have no idea which sounds best, and there has been sadly little mention of the fact that the Brinkmann products are even out there (at least in the English speaking audio press, perhaps not so in Germany).
FJn04
I use an onyx at the moment and just love the Koetsu sound. I also have a Benz Micro LP, which is different but on the same warm side of neutral as the Koetsu's. The Zxy Airy 3 I had before was cold and dry in comparison, IMHO. I know others love Zyx.
I would look at Benz then, but I know they are more costly in the US than they are in the UK. Mine cost me about $2000.