Furutech / Air Tight LP Flattener - do they work?

I am wondering if anmyone has actually bought used either of these LP flatteners and how well they work??

I find a lot of general new releases are dished, so record clamp works great on one side, but not on the other due to the dishing?.
Do they flatten dished or bowed LP's.

cheers
downunder
Btw,Downunder.....all kidding aside,a fabulous piece of music to recommend to you(sorry about the thread hijack),since the composer is local to you.....is....John Antill's "Corroborree".
Yes,it had been talked up in the old(great,but "no"-more)TAS(which stinks now).
This is a fabulous "Australian" pressing of a classic "new orchestral music" EMI label gem!!
If you have a great set-up(that works,unlike mine at the present time...bah)this LP will blow you away,assuming one likes "new" music for large(really huge orchestra)ensemble!!That also happens to be harmonically gorgeous,when it is "not" scarring the crap out of you!!

Great harmonies and dynamics,with a vast percussion battery,consisting of everything from tymps to a kind of wind machine,that is actually a fluted like instrument spun around one's head,attached to a long rope.Ya gotta hear this music!!
It was written by the composer who was remembering a childhood experience in the Australian outback,by Aboriginees performing a ritual ceremony.
FABULOUS...GET IT!!!...Not the "suite" which appeared on other labels,but the EMI pressing of the full piece!It does pop up on some dealer lists from time to time.
Think I'll play it,if I can ever get up and running again -:)

Best
Speedy, Lucky I have such thick skin :>))

The LP manual was quite clear. First use an LP of no real value to try your LP flattener as the manufacturer is not responsible for any damage to your records.
I thought of using my original UK pressing of the beatles Abbey Road first up, but thought better.

So I used "wolfmother" as I know that it can be replaced easy. Anyway, don't knock it - great 70's Led Zep/Deep purple style music.

I'll redemm myself by flattening some audiophile LP's all in good time.

I'll check out the "Corroborree" LP. Trouble is I would probably have to buy it from the USA.

Good to see your DIY version is working. Too much hassle for me.
Dear DownUnder - Where/how did you obtain instructions in English for your Orb DF-02? I just purchased one in Japan while on a business trip..only to find out when I got home that the instructions are only in Japanese! I need to get a Variac before I can plug it in so I can feed it the proper 100 volts - it might be intuitive in use once powered up..but would appreciate any info you cna provide on the instructions. Thanks!
Hi Alex

I'll scan mine and email. It is very easy to use once power up.

You should have bought a universal voltage transformer when you were in Japan - they have them in all electronic stores.

BTW, Don't use the flattener on Universal re-issue vinyl like U2 or Depeche mode re-issues. Somehow Universal have changed the vinyl mix and it cooks the vinyl!! All other vinyl is fine.
What do folks think would be better, a VPI Ring & Clamp or just putting any slighly warped LP in the flattener. It seems to me that the Clamp would be ergonomically a pain to use and I have heard that it can be potentially dangerous to the cantilever. Anyway, I have a VPI Scout & Superplatter and I'm thinking over getting one of these solutions. Any feedback would be appreciated. All the best, Mark