Who does not like the Lyra Dorian?

Just got one for my Linn LP12, and right off the detail was great, but it is very forward and bright. I am patiently waiting for it to warm up a bit so that I can make a real decision here, but I might suspect it is not to my taste (stress MIGHT, for I am known to misjudge these things in haste). I generally prefer a more spacious laid back sound, but the detail is seductive and it seems quite musical. I thought I would try something different, too firm an attachment to taste is questionable. Any thoughts?

By the way, I have Art Audio tube gear and Tetra speakers.
chashmal
I also think that much of the harsh reality is slowly being warmed up by the interaction of break-in and tube goodness! I have heard it said that Lyras might have been voiced with tube gear in mind. I am slowly coming to 'get it', but it is a shock indeed. One's aesthetic preconceptions can be quite daunting.
All warmed up after much play, and well....simply magnificent. I love this cartidge. Way better than my old benz ace.
Chasmal, how many hours did it take? I am vey curious to know your impressions.
Oh it is pretty interesting Ghanson. At first the detail sounded too bright and way too forward, very little space and air. At hour 10 there was some depth, but still bright and glaring. At hour 20 it warmed up, became quite spacious, and the detail began to really be interesting and brilliant as opposed to harsh. That was the suggested break in time.

But at hour 50, 60, and on to 75, WOW! It is really the cartridge I had hoped for, Don't get me wrong, it is still a forward sounding unit. But the positives far outweigh the negatives. I actually love it and plan on moving up the Lyra line when it needs replacing.

Hope that helps.