Aethetix IO Signature Question

Is it a very musical phono stage?
radrog
Thanks for the input John. I know what you mean about re-tuning one's system after a component change. This is why I try not to be a "gear hound" and have had most pieces in my system for years. That said, I am still always amenable to increasing my enjoyment of music if changing a piece will accomplish that goal (as oppposed to the system just being different). I may try to audition the Aria if I can possibly get a chance (assuming Mike will do so or possibly allow me to review it).

Enjoy,

Frank
...once I can secure the lid with no more tube trials...

I can appreaciate that! My speakers got spiked far sooner than my preamp's top was screwed down, and even now that was too soon. Fortunately the MC load resistor terminals reside on the outside of the MP-1's lid - there is another set of listening trials. Having tried the TX2352 (second with me to Audio Note Tantalums) guess I'll want to spring for a few of the Vishay Z201 and TX2575s that MikeE likes. At least these are production tweaks - much easier than finding quiet phono stage tubes.

Lotta interesting options for the WV lineup - which model are you using?

Tim
This is why I try not to be a "gear hound" and have had most pieces in my system for years.
Same here - other than this recent preamp change, the rest of the LP playback system here has been unchanged for over 3 years....excluding tubes and cables.

Frank - Mike E. has an in-house WV. Perhaps he will loan this out. I have suggested this possibility to another A'gon member in SoCal to borrow it. I could loan out to you the tube set that works well for me but I am eager to be done with dickering around with tubes.

Tim - I have the WV5 XL with all the options except the WBT RCA jacks. The cost is high to replace all WV jacks and replacing only a few pairs was not an option to the customer. Perhaps it will be possible to replace a few when the WV goes back for a tweak in the future ... we'll see.

There is a tweak to the phono stage design that I have asked Mike E. to consider. He replied back that it is indeed possible and I am eager to go for it. But it means close to two weeks with the WV away and right now I don't like that. Maybe later this summer.

I can not appreciate the contribution of the TX2575s in the WV as I never heard the WV with the regular resistors. But "this" WV is a resolution powerhouse.

John
I AM STILL WAITING TO RECEIVE MY UNIT NEW. i have to wait 4 weeks to get the unit. How about telling these tweaks after I get the dam thing. Just Kidding.
radog: I think you're getting a super phono stage.

I am considering selling my beloved BAT VK-P10SE super pak and getting a Aesthetix Io Eclipse. I have been searching far and wide where to update my system next.

jafox: I know in the past you went from a vkp10 to a Io.

I am curious if I have any downside here. The BAT does a lot of things really well.

Thanks