Ortofon SPU Synergy

Hi,

has anyone else here tried the Ortofon SPU Synergy? Whats your impressions, which parameters do you aplly in setting up the sytsem? I use this wonderful cartridge for more than 2 weeks now.

Best regards

Ron
xronx
There is the SPU Classic GM E MKII E (nude elliptical) and SPU Classic GM MKII (nude spherical) but I am afraid I can not find any conical stylus in the SPU range.
the GM MK2 is the close cousin of the regular classic GM...the E means elliptical stylus....all SPU have "the sound" so you can not go wrong...for me the best is the old Reference Gold with the 100 replicant stylus or the Meister GM( also Royal GM)!But budget wise the Classic GM is the champion!
Yes the spherical stylus Is what I meant...its the simpelst stylus in the SPU range...therefore I would go for the classic GM MKII...the MKII just means the systems have a body made of grinded wood instead of the metal body of the version before.
Many thanks to my SPU pals ;-)
I was told by my retailer he could eventually get a Classic A...
Is A shell better than G shell provided I am going to need the adapter for the G geometry AS 309S Ortofon arm?
dgd
there is no sonic advantage of the "A" against "G"...in Japan it is a matter of bigger nostalgia(NOS) and in reality it is just the arm choice....if you have the old Ortofon/EMT arms, you either have the "A" or "G" version, so....Against the $$$ of the new AS 309S I would maybe look at the used market...you may get the older arms which are miles ahead of the new in the "classic sound"....my opinion.