Ortofon SPU Synergy

Hi,

has anyone else here tried the Ortofon SPU Synergy? Whats your impressions, which parameters do you aplly in setting up the sytsem? I use this wonderful cartridge for more than 2 weeks now.

Best regards

Ron
xronx
There is the shorter A headshell (especially for arms having the dedicated geometry such as Ortofon 309 or some models from EMT, the A shell is out of production but limited reissued for Japan) and the longer G headshell wich fits (at least from the size) to every regular tone arm 9" to 12".
if you want to be safe, buy the SME 3012 and you can use many cartridges on it.Or the Orotofn RMG 309(my favorite!)To go for the arm for "A" type SPU you have to be more dedicated or have two arms deck....then you can use any of the "G" type cartridges.
AND if you really want to use "A" cartridges, there is an adaptor(AP J1) for the "G" arm to use "A" cartridge.....simple!
The old classic SME 3012 is highly recommended for use with SPU G it is a synergetic combination. I have/had several arms and preferred the 3012 with a SPU G (classic or now Synergy) over all Kuzma arms I had (stogiS, stogi, stogi reference). But it has to be modified (bronze edge bearing, new inner cabling) as well as carefully set up to reach the possible level. also the synergy with my Nouvelle Platine Verdier might be a reason that I like this arm so much. Personally I do not like the adapter for use with A shell. i would stick with a G shell since Ortofon stopped to make the A shell and if you go for a A compatible arm you might have problems to find SPU A in the future.
Many, many thanks because your level of kindness & knowledge is the only way to compensate the lack of information coming from manufacturers...
The Ortofon arm which is available in this moment is the
AS 309S or the RS 309D ( by the way, any insight about static vs dynamic?)
-Are these models A or G?
-As many SPU models ( at least the ones I am interested in) carry a "G" somewhere in their names, should I understand them to be G?
-Is the SPU Synergy A or G?.
Regards.dgd
The actual Ortofon arms are shown mostly with a long "G" shell or a regular headshell attached. if you have a adjustable arm base and therefore can vary the distance between spindle and bearing center it might also be possible to use a shorter "A" shell in these arms. In Japan there is also the older model 309i available wich is made for use with the A shell....but also here it might be possible to use a longer G shell if you have a adjustable arm base.

by the way some people value dynamic balanced arms higher than static ones...but I dont know since I didnt had dynamic balanced armes so far...will test the EMT 997 soon.

the synergy I have is a G shell but in Japan it is also available as limited edition A shell...

if theres a G in the name its the long streamlined G shell...