What's a good beginner turntable at $2500+- range?

I want to take the plunge and buy a good used turntable. I don't want anything that requires a lot of tweaking or constant supervision, but I do want the highest resolving and best sound table I can buy. My range is $2500 or so but could go a bit higher if necessary. I'll buy it used so that should give me a bit more buying power.
mmike84
Based on your system, I would search out a used Michell table. I've heard the Gyro SE Mk II both on Avalon speakers and through Ayre electronics, although not at the same time. It sounded excellent both times though. It provides a pacy, musically involving combination with that equipment and won't stand out as lacking in any particular area.

With respect to the Technics, I don't think that its strengths mate particularly well to those of the equipment that you have. Given that you enjoy CD's through a Wadia, you likely prefer an open sound, that tends to be more the hallmark of sprung/hung turntables in my experience (eg, Michell, Oracle, Linn, but not current VPI, Basis, Technics). Of the sprung tables, the ease of setup and price range of Michell should be right in your crosshairs. If you can swing it though, that Oracle turntable is great too.
Mmike84, you say that you want to spend roughly $2500 for the turntable, without considering the cartridge and such.

My suggestion is that you create an "analog system" budget, and let us provide input on all components involved: The turntable, cartridge, and phono preamp. None of these can be considered in isolation, and you may be very disappointed if you improperly mate a cartridge to a particular tonearm, or get a phono preamp with insufficient gain for the given cartridge. Just as with the rest of audio, synergy is important. And don't forget the record cleaning machine.

Is this your first attempt at an analog system? If so, maybe you want to try borrowing a turntable from a trusted dealer and give it a shot. In either case, having an expert able to teach you how to set up the turntable will be important, as a properly set up "less expensive" turntable can outperform an improperly set up "expensive turntable". On that note, you want to consider with each of these turntables how difficult it is to adjust the VTA or the tracking force, for instance. (That's something I love about my Technics compared to my prior turntable.) And you'll need to know how your personality will mate with the turntable, ie, do you have the patience to spend hours at a time trying to adjust the turntable with a very difficult mechanism?

You've asked for suggestions for a turntable only for a particular price; I'm just suggesting that it might be more accurate to consider asking for an entire analog system at a particular price.

Michael
"...you likely prefer an open sound, that tends to be more the hallmark of sprung/hung turntables in my experience..."

not my experience.
Post removed 
Original poster here.

OK Sufentanil. Yes I'll be totally new to this other than the table I had as a kid until I was about 16.

My Ayre Preamp has phono so I am assuming that is all I need, but maybe I need something else too?

I am not looking for anything complicated or that requires much tweaking, at least not yet. Simple and bullet proof will do. I can swing a higher price point but most of my other components are in the $4500 range used so I'd be hesitant to spend more than that. Let's make $3500-$4500 the final budget + or -.

My thoughts on the suggestions from the thread so far:

VPI Scoutmaster Aries TNT or Superscoutmaster- I was leaning in this direction when I started the thread. I like the looks.
Technics- Seems like a great product with quite a following. I wonder if there is better at this price point?
Sota- Seems like a solid choice.
Nottingham- Don't know anything about this one but it's mentioned a few times so is worthy of consideration.
Linn- Seems like it may fall in the same category as the Technics and that it takes a series of tweaks and modifications to compete.
Clearaudio- Seems like a solid choice.
Mitchel- This one is mentioned a few times and should make the potential list.
Rega- ?
Kuzma, Oracle, Nottingham, Pro-Ject, Lenco, Galibier, Acoustic Solid all are suggested but I don't know anything about any of them.

Thanks again fro everyone's help!

Mike