Thinking of selling my Teres

Hey Guys, I know it's been a while since I posted anything here, but i have been watching!! Since my wife and I split up I've had the upgrade bug big time. I sold the AN CD2, and the home theater stuff is going now. Actually, I'm thinking about getting rid of it all and starting over again.

I guess my question is will I end up kicking myself if I get rid of the Teres? I have a ton of time in building it, and it will always be very special to me. But, like all things I feel it's time for a change. I've also thought about building a new platter for it, maybe the new motor, then going from there.

Getting rid of the rest of the system doesn't bother me in the least. but I have to tell ya, this Teres dilemma is a much harder decision that getting rid of my wife.

Help me out guys, start over or upgrade it? One thing I know for sure is some of the most enjoyable audio conversations I've ever had came from this forum during the construction of the Teres. Man do I miss that!
jphii
No offence implied, but you're not going to be able to sell that table for what it is "worth". You have far too much of your soul invested in that table.

If you are looking for *better* sound, then call up Chris and order a new platter, and then look at upgrading your arm and cartridge. If you want *different* sound, then sell it and take your chances.
In the end you can't take the table or any of it with you. The table and everything else has it's own destiny and story to tell and is only temporarily passing through you.

That you are even contemplating making a "change" indicates it's time for both you and the table to close one door and open another. You'll miss each other to be sure but you'll both land on your feet.

The table making beautiful music for some extremely happy someone and you experiencing the excitment of building/buying something else and the incredibly music it will make!
Hi Mes,

John Miles opening for Tull must have been a great concert. I wish I could've been there. You're welcome for the memory, and I believe you're right that Rebel is the name of the album. I have it in my collection.

And thank you for reminding me that I wanted to play Tull's "Songs from the Wood" album today. I haven't heard it in a while and as I recall it sounds very good on vinyl.

Best regards,

Frank
What happened to you guys?!? Those albums you've brought up are in my regular rotation. ;-)