Help VPI SDS Issue

I took the plunge and got the SDS. Wow what a difference but I am having an issue. (I am using the 600 rpm motor) In order to get the motor to spin the platter I have to push it to start it moving. The motor is on but it sound like to is hesistating. I unplugged the SDS and no issue it starts right away. Is this an issue with the 600 vs 300 motor?
autodexr
The motor is fine, it needs a push just like when you start at 45rpm sometimes. but you ruined your belt by putting powder on it.
Try increase the voltage reading on the SDS. This is the output voltage supply to the motor. I learned that the lower the voltage the smoother the motor runs (lower noise level). Therefore, VPI presets the SDS unit to a number much lower than what coming out of the wall outlet. Having said that, as an experiment, you can set the SDS output voltage lower/higher than the current setting if you want. If you set it too low, the motor wont turn so keep turning it up until you reach the point of optimization. ( For example, if you find the lowest point is 72 volts, you then would want to set the SDS at 75 volts to compensate for fluctuations within the motor).

In your case, try to increase the voltage setting by one increment at a time until the motor start to turn.

Good luck,
Thanks John
if you call vpi, they will send you a capacitor to modify your motor, if you're willing to open it up. the std. setting on the SDS does not provide enough start-up torque with the older outboard motors, as i also found out. being a lazy bum, i opted to program the SDS to provide a higher start-up voltage- the instructions are in the manual. at this higher setting there is more motor "noise" however. can "you" hear it?
i cannot, but then...
I had the same problem. There isn't much you can do for the 600 RPM motor. When I upgraded to the 300 RPM motor the problem went away and the table sounded better! The motor is fairly cheap so I would push the platter for now and get the motor as soon as you can!