New Lampizator Level 4/ Version 4 DAC in the house

Wonder if any other new owners of this DAC are out there as I find it to be the finest digital playback I have heard to date. This is the first digital front end piece of gear I have owned that has transformed my music.

Ya, other digital gear does this or that better, but this Lampy breaks through to a new level of musical enjoyment. Clear view into the music helping the speakers just disappear. Only 24 hours of break in and the music flows so sweet, intimate and seemingly without boundaries.

Looking under the hood I see an impressive power supply with films caps and several high quality chokes. Point to point silver wired except for the digital and USB boards. This is a three tube player that is tube rectified. One has the option for SS rectification if desired.

Ya, I love this Lampy!
128x128grannyring
ATTENTION ALL!!

I was lucky enough to attend the RAVE at Deepak's, who is a hell of a nice guy, and I am also the guy who had Lukasz attend the NJ Audiophile's meeting on Sunday.

Even though Deepak and others had three setups and tried very hard to have a variety systems with different Lampizator DAC's to listen to it might have been better served to have one system tried and true.
Also as is typical at a RAVE equipment that others bring gets swapped in and out. This can make it hard to have a base for comparison.

By chance one of the Metro NJ/NY Audio Clubs I belong too was having one of their monthly meetings the next day. I asked Lukasz if he would be interested in attending so he could introduce himself and his DAC to our members. I also told him there was a chance we might be able to hear his DSD DAC in the system at the meeting. He graciously accepted.

Now I must say that it was very hard to tell how well the DSD DAC or even the BIG SIX sounded because we had no real reference point at Deepak.

But at the NJ Audiophile meeting that would not be a problem. Not with a top EMM LABS DAC and Transport along with equipment matching the quality of the EMM LABS.

This was my first time at this members house and one of the few times I was blown away by the sound I heard at a members house. It was a real treat when Lukasz first had a chance to hear Father Richards system. You could see his EYES pop open and his jaw drop. He knew right away that if we could put his DSD DAC in for a demo it was a system that would tell if he has the goods. Father Richards system has been compared to ones costing $500,000+ in sound. I will not at this time describe the details of the system.

After several hours of listening to the system including DSD from SACD through the EMM LABS Father Richards was gracious enough in letting Lukasz put in his DSD DAC. I brought some DSD files that Lukasz could add to what he planed on playing.

But before I describe what happens next let me tell you that Lukasz gave us a brief description of his work on DSD and thoughts on Audio. He also spent time in awe while listening to music through the system before we inserted his DSD DAC.

It only took a few bars of music for EVERYONE in the room to be able to hear what Lukasz's DSD DAC could do for the playback of music. You could hear people all over the room surprised at how well both Lukasz's DSD DAC and DSD done right could sound. AWE STRUCK is not significant enough to describe it.

Even Lukasz said he did not know it could sound that great.

ALL felt it OUTCLASSED the EMM LABS.

I am intrigued by the Lampizator. As some of you know it takes A LOT to impress my enough to be a FANBOY and post my enthusiasm. AS of now I need to first try the Lampizator PCM/DSD DAC in my system or one other that I am very familiar with.

Until then I give Lukasz's DSD DAC a BIG almost FANBOY.

By the way, the NJ Audiophile Society is planning on hosting a meeting for Lukasz,s Lampizator PCM/DSD in Jan of 2014.
Hifial,
I believe you are destined to be a fan boy! I'm a Lampi convert!
My friend Jim has been espousing the merits of his Level 4 (now for sale here as he's updating). I listened many times. We have the same speakers(Legacy Focus SEs). I owned the PWD II DAC. I thought our systems were very comparable until I brought my PWD over and placed it in his system. We let it warm up for two days before listening. Then the eye opening began. I thought my PWD II had died during transport. Jim's sound was very flat and uninvolving. I made every adjustment I could think of. Nothing helped. Then we wired in the Lampizator. Suddenly there was music in the room.
The next day, still disbelieving I brought the PWD back home and listened, hmmm it sounded pretty close or so I thought.
Jim then agreed to loan me his Lampy for the night and brought it over. After a couple hours of warm up, the Lampy started strutting her stuff. The next thing I knew it was 2:00 am and we were still listening.
My Level 5 with DSD will hopefully be delivered this week.

I can't wait.

It's good to hear great tidings from the RAVE.
I'll be glad to update my experiences to this thread as well.
Sgr.
Sgr,
You're fortunate to have a good friend who let you audition the Lampizator in your system, what's more conclusive than that? You eliminated all speculation and could purchase without second guessing or anxiety. Seems that you'll be very happy for a long time with this highly regarded DAC.
I am a little surprised so many folks are selling the 4 for a 5 or 6 when the 4 is sooooo good. I don't want for more or better at all as my 4 is wonderful.

I better never hear these higher models or I may want one!