Denon 103r ????

I have made some improvement to my 103r, but am still getting tonal imbalance with this cartridge.
It's too bright and edgy on some recordings!
At times it sounds incredible, excellent imaging and sound stage.
What do I do though to tame down the brightness. Change the tracking force a bit or tracking angle, change the loading, impedence or capacitance. Add more tonearm bearing fluid or remove?
pedrillo
I got the brass plate mounted on my 103 and I hear a different cartridge. The brittleness in the top end has disappeared. The bottom end also seems tighter and better defined. Vocals and stringed instruments are more present and realistic. Stevie Nicks voice on Dreams (Fleetwood Mac Rumours) is stunning. In the past, it's felt congested and edgy on my system. That's gone now.

I sandwiched a thin piece of shrink wrap tubing between the brass plate and the tonearm. Some folks have recommended this as a means to damp. I was extra careful aligning the cartridge. The exposed cantilever makes it easy, but I wanted to make sure I got it right. I added weights to the RB300 bearing joint (Twl's tweak). And I used the weight adjustment on the Tecnoweight to set the tracking force (2.5g) rather than the spring-loaded knob on the RB300. It's probably a combination of all these things that are creating the improvement, but the end result is wonderful. The cartridge is more enjoyable and less fatiguing than I ever remember it. An ebony body will come at some point, but I'd like to settle in with this new arrangement for a while.
Mingles,
Glad to see you're happy!
As I am too, I can't believe how good this cartridge is, I REALLY think I done.
Except for line conditioner I will not be buying anything for a long long long long long time. Well maybe one other thing the 103r by Zu.
Pedrillo, a K&K is definitely in my future, but the tax man will delay its arrival for a few months ;~}

What are you loading your 103R at? Have you tried 14 ohms?
Mingles,
I left the K & K on 100r setting and it sounds excellent. If you are considering the K & K I would encourage it, it is an incredible phono. I stopped looking for a phono stage and may not start searching for a new phono for a very long time!!
The 103r is an over achiever for sure. Can't believe what it is doing. Just incredible sound coming out of my system now. How do I describe it? Organic, pleasant, lively, 3-dimensional, crisp, and ....... nice. Why would I change now?