Cartridge mount screws - stainless steel

I need longer mount screws to mount my cartridge, can i use plain steel screws or must i use stainless steel screws . I am having a hard time finding small stainless srews, 20 mm long locally.
tshulba
You really don't want any any ferrous metal near your cartridge. It will change the flux pattern of your magnet. Have you tried any of your local hobby supply houses, or Ace Hardware for stainless, brass, plastic or alloy? Here's a link to a mounting kit:(http://www.extremephono.com/Cartridge_kit.htm) You'd better ask what length he supplys as most mounting screws are 3/8" or less. If you have a McMaster-Carr catalog available to you, you could no doubt find some in there as well.
Tshulba i have found brass is the best for anything to do with audio. Try getting brass screws.
Thanks guys i have tried a local hobby shop and one bolt supply and they have shorter stainless but not 20mm. I may have to machine up my own out of brass once i find the proper size die to cut the threads.I found plain steel screws at Radio Shack but it looks like i can't use them.