GEM Dandy Record Cleaner - Has Anyone Tried It ?

Have you read this review of George Merrill's record cleaner in the latest 6Moons.com?http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/gem/dandy.html

Best ever record cleaner (according to the reviewer) and uses ordinary tap water for the rinse. Exclusively for garage sale purchases, or would you have the nerve to try it on an audiophile reissue, too?
randyk
Well, I sorta agree, which is why I was recommending the sub-$100 approach that doesn't require you to don a wet suit. Those who would prefer to don a wet suit are, of course, encouraged too.

As to how many people, etc., a lot fewer than might get into record cleaning if it were hassle-free. IMHO, that is. :-)
Wet suit? Do you think it would be that bad? I don't know how good the guy is that reviewed the GEM Dandy, but I think I could do fine with it in our sink and create no more mess than rinsing dishes.

Then again, I have not tried it. Just supporting those who contribute to LP music playback.
The report or review that I read (can't remember where) suggested that it was pretty messy to operate. Maybe it takes practice.
So far nobody in the responses has tried this thing. I'm going to go out on a limb and buy one. I have to say, I really like the theory behind it quite a bit. Imagine a stucco wall with 30 years of dirt in the grooves. Would you rather scrub it with soapy water and then go to it with a wet-vac, or take a power-washer to it?

Or better yet, scrub it and then take a power washer to it.

I'll report back.

-Dusty
Those who own a Groovmaster or made a similar label protector, could DIY a base like this GEM. A few PVC adapters and tubing and you are done with it. This is a good addition to steamer users too. You reduce the chances of burning yourself with the steamer and can apply the steam with ease. Another option is to use a sprayer with distilled water ( or better) to rinse away the debries after cleaning.