Graham Phantom vs Triplaner

Wondering about the sonic traits of both these arms compared to each other.

- which one has deeper bass,
- which one has the warmer (relative) balance
- which one is compatible with more cartridges
- which one has the better more organic midrange
- which one has the greater treble detail.
- which one plays music better ( yes this is a more subjective question ).
- which one goes better with say the TW acoustic raven TT.
downunder
Thomas,
You are the best placed among us to comment on the differences YOU hear between:-
The Phantom
The Triplanar
Davinci Grandezza

I'd be most interested in your views?
Thomas,

I second Halcro's request for you to share your experiences and impressions
with these arms.
The Triplanar VII is a excellent unit with its good cable and when using Cartridges below 10gr.
With heavier carts it simply looses information in the high frequency area, it is a bit lifeless and the "airy speed" is not there anymore (compared to other Arms, for example the Phantom, DaVinci or very heavy Arms).
I know, some use this Arm with Koetsus and are happy, but to be honest, what's not there, you can't hear....
It simply can't compare to the next in this case.

The Phantom is much better in this, based on its very heavy block, it can handle lots of different cartridges (I used a few from 4-14gr) at a superior level.
The Adjustments are outstanding and Bob Graham made with this Design a major step forward. Very innovative and no weak points (except possible mismatches with wire or colored turntables)

The DaVinci is remarkable, because it works with every cartridge I tried (from 4gr-14gr) on maximum level. Comparable to the Phantom, but with a little bit different sound.

To the sound
I like the Triplanar, it is good to listen to. With the right cartridge it goes out of way.

The Phantom Arm is very precise and the results can vary based on the connected Phono cable. The differences can be huge (I tried XLO Sign., Siltech, Purist, IC-70 Graham Phono, Kondo Phono cables and some others with it).
The Phantom has an excellent - complete - frequency range, linked with an absolutely amazing holographic Speed in the lower Frequencies. Very precise, super soundstage, the right height and body...
You get what you feed (can be negative too)

The DaVinci is the right one for the LISTENER, wide and deep soundstage, a relaxed and precise reproduction with all information that the cartridge can give.
A Sit-back-and-refuse-to-stand-up-Arm.
Record after Record ....

For me one of the great Arms out there. Heavy, good Arm material, top bearing ... Unfortunately very expensive, but compared to others, the Buyer won't be disappointed. Even after long time listening to it.

There is no final Arm out there, but the last two are a Ticket to sonic satisfaction....