Good turntables w/o record clamps

What are the decent turntables out there, used or new in the 2k - 3k range, that do not use or need record clamps?
gfto

What negative attributes could a clamp possibly add???
A clamp changes the frequency and intensity of resonances, and presumably redirects vibrations. Depending on the rest of the setup, that could be a bad or a good thing.

As a general rule, I clamp thinner LPs, but in some cases of heavier records, a clamp overdamps.

Besides, when can you be sure that a clamp option is the result of careful research with accelerometers and/or stethoscopes to see exactly how the vibrations are being changed or redirected?

It could be a generally effective tweak, but not necessarily a cure-all.
Pawlowski, A clamp could (in theory) transmit bearing and/or motor noise into the record, causing smearing of the audio signal. Obviously, warped records might benefit from the use of a clamp. However, I own a Sota reflex clamp which is/was touted to flatten such records; in my experience there are very few LPs for which this flattening effect really works as described. Usually the warp is worst at the outer edge of an LP, and the center clamp does very little to help. Moreover, if the warp is to the up side of the LP, the clamp can do nothing to help.

Imin2u, It's interesting that Sota at least used to recommend use of their reflex clamp even on their products that sported vacuum hold-down.
Good opinions and reasons for both sides on this one . I use a clamp and am much happier with it than without . Thats for my personal use and preference but I was wondering would a clamp not eliminate spindle wear on your lps? Thoughts ? Cheers
I don't think you really have to clamp an LP on any record player, whether is is supplied with a clamping device or not.
Hey Dopogue, the Avid 'tables and the Oracles actually raise the LP at the spindle area so they will wobble greatly without a clamp. Very much the opposite of sitting securely.