Stand out phono stages

This topic has been started before by others and myself as well, maybe too many times, but it is worth revisiting since the source is so very important!
So far I have had the pleasure to enjoy two worthy phono stages: the EAR 834p and the JLTI.
I have to admit they are spectacular. Obviously the record and all the equipment downstream play a role in the sound heard. In some cases I prefer the JLTI and in other cases the EAR. But neither out do the other dramatically.
What phono preamps outshine others by a big margin, those that can be considered the last phono preamp ever needed.
pedrillo
The Tom Evans Vibe Plus is amazing. Astounding clarity and precision while maintaining a tube (it is not) like warmth and presence.
Dear Programmergeek, I am sorry and surprised to learn of your frustration with the Io Eclipse. This is the sort of thing that causes end-users to abandon tubes in favor of solid state. Don't give up too easily. You might contact Albert Porter; he used an Io happily for many years, although lately I think he must have switched to Allnic H3000, since he is a dealer. But he may be able to give you some tips. Sounds to me like you have one or more bad tubes in there. If the issue is on one channel vs the other, you might identify the culprit by switching one tube at a time from one side to the other, until the noise shifts with one tube change. Or variations on that theme.

Never had any such issue with my Atma-sphere MP1.
After spending no less than 30 hours trying to fix this phono stage, and my Aesthetix monoblocks I think I am giving up it is just to noisy for me and plagued with gremlins. Aesthetix sold me 4 new tubes for the front end that quieted down some crackling a bit however it is still pretty loud and I am thinking now it is just not a good match to my system. They maintain as well it is not good paired with the calypso. My system is Basis Debut TT > IO > Aesthetix Calypso sig pre amp > Aesthetix monoblocks > Vandersteen Sevens. I think on a lesser system it would be ok but I hear everything and this is really bad. I did switch tubes from side to side and the sides are pretty much equally as noisy. I tried some cheapo phono stages and they had about a 10th of the noise and over all sounded better because of that but not so dynamic so I know it is the phono section. Now I just need to figure out what to replace this with I think I am going to go more solid state if there are any suggestions.

Its ashame Aesthetix was one of my favorite brands and I use to comment as such and recommend them but I guess like everything else they have good stuff and not so good stuff which makes this mixing and matching game for good sound so much harder.
Herron VTPH-2 is quiet. Actually more quiet than some solid state phono preamps i have listened to. My VAC preamp with phono inputs is equally quiet. No hiss or tube rush.
Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena. Unbelievable for the price. Better in my system than the EAR834p with premium Amperex Bugle Boys. Dead quiet, truthful, dynamic and wonderful PRAT. Love being off the grid!!! Music floats in an absolute silent black dimension.