Stand out phono stages

This topic has been started before by others and myself as well, maybe too many times, but it is worth revisiting since the source is so very important!
So far I have had the pleasure to enjoy two worthy phono stages: the EAR 834p and the JLTI.
I have to admit they are spectacular. Obviously the record and all the equipment downstream play a role in the sound heard. In some cases I prefer the JLTI and in other cases the EAR. But neither out do the other dramatically.
What phono preamps outshine others by a big margin, those that can be considered the last phono preamp ever needed.
pedrillo
The Aesthetix IO, has wonderful richness, tone and great dynamic weight. I spoke at length with Albert Porter about his cables that replace the IO stock cables. Apparently these cables, along with NOS tubes, materially bring down the noise level.
Exlibris, That is what I did. I had opportunity audition Zanden products at home. It started with the DAC signature, then the Transport w/ I2S i/f. The Combo was and is so good that I got the phonostage. It immediately surpassed the Vendetta (harmonic richness/realness, may be not dynamics). So i had to have Linestage try. It too lived beyond my expectations and bettered the MBL 6010D (Once again harmonic richness/realness) I could have gotten the IO for audition too, but Zanden synergy was a big plus in getting these components. Next up is the the 9600 monoblocks for audition. I am keeping my finger crossed. All the best to you with the I0.
Just out of curiosity has anyone taken the EAR 834p to the top, or anyone heard one in a system?
I am still relatively new to analog and am exploring the potential of the Paravicini design. I just recently changed the tubes in the 834p phono stage and can cannot believe how good my system sounds!!!
I am wondering if batteries run through a step up transformer can be used to power the EAR 834p? Or at the very least take the power supply out and install in a separate chassis.
I know it was mentioned before, but if you don't use a LOMC then a Hagerman Trumpet makes an awesome stage. Great dynamics, musical richness and the ability to pull all sorts of things out of the grooves that I didn't know were there before.

Enjoy,
Bob
Kevin Carter has a new differential phono stage in prototype that is said to "blow-away" the current SE kit. It uses the new Lundahl input trannies, cascode CCSs, and a full differential topology. I can't wait to get my hands on one. The bad news is: the price will probably be in the 4-5K range.