educate me

Can someone help me or point me in the right direction about phono cartridges? Specifically...if I buy a table (project Expressions3) and it come with a MM cart. do I have to stick with MM or can I move to MC and would I want to? High outout vs Low output, Are there advantages to one over the other. I understand how they work, but sonically speaking what can I expect? Thanks
texron
its tough parting with $1000+ when you're not sure :-(
Music Hall, Rega, Bluenote, Pro-ject, Clearaudio, vintage AR...jeesh, someone pick one for me :-) The vintage AR is "The Turntable" with a Rega arm, the Bluenote is a Piccolo, a couple Regas, Music Halls and Pro-Ject in my price range, and a Clearaudio Emotion. I'm sooo confused.
Just want to share my thoughts on the Clearaudio Emotion....Only buy this when you like fast, transparent, lean and mean sound. Overall, that's the sound you'll get with that table. If you're looking for more meat, look elsewhere.
I think I'm about to purchase a AR "The Turntable" with a Rega RB-250 and a OM-20 Super Cartridge. She's a beauty and has been gone over. Any last second thoughts before I take the plunge????
That's IMO a very nice sounding table. Try it out. Decide if you want to upgrade later rather than spend your $1000 and find out that it's not for you.
Its tough is all, I can get a NEW table for just a tad more, whew. wish I had a crystal ball :-) That Clearaudio that you like is only $200 more than the AR, as is the Music Hall 7.1