OK, record is now clean, how about the Stylus?

There has been a lot of emphasis above about keeping the STYLUS clean as even more important than cleaning the record. I use an Onzow Zero pad before each side of an album, then some Stylast stylus treatment.
Two questions: what do you think of that regimen (expensive)? what do you think about dipping the stylus on some Magic Eraser for cleaning (very cheap)??
rsasso
and other carts, i cringe now of thinking about using alcohol. for years after, i uses stylast and sc4. THEN i tried ME.

DAMM. that left the diamond cleaner than i had ever seen one through a 40-50s 'scope.

techniique:

i may or may not use a sc2 or stylast brush first. i pick up the arm with its fingerlift and allow the vtf to put pressure on the ME a couple of times and then the same process with the sc2 brush, to remove any possible detritus from the stylus.

i dont view it every time as those steps can wear on the universal headshell connection. however, viewing a stylus is SOOOOOO much easier with a removable headshell as is cartridge mounting.

the first time performing the ME process revealed such a clean stylus that i never went back to another method.

by allowing the vtf to do its job during the cleaning stages is key to not damaging the suspension of the cart. nether the ME nor the sc2 are endangering to a stylus.

i realize that others will disagree, and thats OK.
Despite my earlier promise to walk away from this one, well here I go....

Dan_Ed, I was not the one who "came out swinging". I believe that was you - read your first post to me, you called me a son of a bitch. If that isn't coming out swinging, I don't know what is.

I simply related my experience. I never once impugned your ancestry or made any rash commnents towards you. I did criticize a cleaning regimen that I think is excessive. After that, you started "swinging" and made it personal. Shame on you.

Calm down, clean a record - and your stylus - slap it on your 'table and chill out, dude....

-RW-
Photon wrote above, with his cleaning regimen, that he has...after a year,... "no accumulation between the stylus and where it inserts into the cantilever. Damn it, I DO get accumulation there, usually of very fine fibers, like from clothing or something, not dust per se. I am so compulsive about cleaning a record before playing it, I have no idea where they come from. At times, it requires a magnifying glass and non metal tweezers to tease these out of the junction between stylus and cantilever...I am not hamfisted, but this is very tricky business.
If anyone is out there still following this thread...Have you ever had this problem, and how do you fix it??
Thanks
Markd51's comment above was a good one.

The day I got my Zerodust, I made a wooden base about 3 inches tall for it. I sprayed this gloss black to match my turntable, and put thin felt on the bottom.

Now it's just a matter of sliding it over and 3 light dunks with the cueing lever. -Done- It takes all of 15 seconds. It works great, and it is right there so I do not forget to use it.

The Zerodust is a proven product and to my knowledge, no one has ever broken a stylus or cantilever with it.
I can't see all the fussing with multiple products when this one works so well..but to each his own..