Deep Cleaning Records With Steam?

It has happened again. Major tweak and record provider has available a steam cleaner made especially for records. Anybody try steam for cleaning lp’s? What were your results? Since a unit can be had for about $20 at Target, 15% of what the tweak provider is charging, is it worth a try?.
tiger
Post removed 
Halcro, I too am in Australia and picked up a hand held steam cleaner very easily. I went to Godfreys but you could try another vacuum cleaner store or even a department store or KMart or the like. Mine cost about $30 and works a treat. Just look around.

On the above discussion I do use the elbow attachment for convenience and if it starts getting a bit spitty I just run it for about 10 seconds spraying into the air and then steam the record. Works for me with no ill effects.

DS
Tvad: Shooting down other people's ideas is not my view of a good time. I detest that. My only hope was that (perhaps) I was saving someone from a "Armor-All" moment including yours truly. With years more steaming time , I felt an obligation to give the best advice possible. Experimentation -- Go For It ! Steaming to the best of my knowledge has only improved a person's listening experimence. AND, thats a good thing.
This looks a great way to clean vinyl the first time. Assuming we all take care of our vinyl, how often does the steam cleaning need to be done?