Should I replace my LP12?

I've had an LP12 for the past 23 years. In that time, I've done all the suspension upgrades. It still has the Valhala supply. It also has the original Ittok arm, but a Goldmund platter. It has served me well and still works fine. However, I'm thinking that it might be time to go for a new, quite different approach to analog. I could save my pennies and get the Keel upgrade, new arm, etc, but maybe I'm simply ready for a change. I'm thinking I could get around $2.5k for what I have, including Clearaudio cartridge. My problem is where to go next for about the same money? The Pro-Ject tables look interesting as to the VPIs. I'd like to trade the LP12 signature lower mids for something crisper with a very sweet top end. I'm a tube guy so that might be considered a guiding principle. Any thoughts?
pscialli
I've been saying this for years on AudioAsylum forums. You simply cannot beat a used LP12 for the money. When the VPI Scout first came out and reviewed by Art Dudely I had to point out to everyone that his review showed that the Scout was NOT in the same league as an upgraded LP12. Prices for LP12's have risen alot in the last few years. But still a better value for the sound you get against anything else under $2,000

For tables that cost over $3,000 I have no idea. Those tables seem to be very nice.
I agree with Stringmun1. I bought mine in 1977. In 2002 I did the Lingo-II, Trampolin upgrade and I had my local dealer replace the springs and adjust the suspension. I've been listening happily ever since. The Lingo made a HUGE difference. DON'T REPLACE IT !!!
Forgot to add one thing. The Lingo upgrade replaced a Valhalla power supply. I had the Valhalla upgrade done in 1982. The Lingo was a HUGE improvelement over the Valhalla.
I used an LP12, Ittok, valhalla for years. It was something I lusted after(nurses first of course) as a Junior Doctor, back in the late 70's. Eventually, after a lot of auditioning, I changed to an Origin Live Resolution Illustrious. I far prefer the sound, detail and neutrality is way better. I can quite understand why others would love the musicality of the Linn, I think the OL is near the Linn in that respect and way ahead in others.
My problem with Linn is pricing, to me the company is being greedy. They have a 30+ year gravy train which they are riding to the end. The Keel is about £1600 I believe, hear in the UK. What it costs in the US with the current $ price, I hate to think. I can not believe the materials and development cost of the Keel, Lingo and other add ons, justify the price. This is an expensive hobby and a second hand Linn is still a good deal, but I don't think a new LP12 or current new add ons are a good deal at all. To me, some of the newer companies give far more for your $ or £.