Static on Vinyl

Here is my greif...............

I am getting some major static electricity every time
I remove an LP from my Turntable platter.

Here is my setup:

The platter is a Teres coccabolo (hardwood)
& I get the static with or without using my Herbies way excellent turntable mat.

I installed a grounding conductor screwed to the brass
platter spindle & grounded it to the tubed preamp & no
change.

I also use a Mapleshade Ionoclast static buster on the vinyl just before dropping the stylus, & still the bloody
static is their when I pull the vinyl from the platter
after the LP has gone thru the grooves.

any thoughts? ? ? ? ?
socoaste
When this is a problem for me, I use a photographers anti-static brush. If you apply the brush to the turning record, it will dissapate the charge very quickly. If you can find a Kostiner, buy that one as doesn't need maintenance to remain effective. The old standby StaticMaster brushes work fine and are easy to find, but the need a periodic recharge with a new cartridge of encapsulated polonium 210. Sounds scary, but the stuff is contained in a way that is safe. The Zerostat gun also does the same thing in a bulkier package.
I had zero luck with my Mapleshade Ionoclast. A Zerostat works much better for me.

Contributing to the problem is that a cocobolo platter (both yours and mine) makes a poor conductor. Static buildup from stylus/groove friction has no easy evacuation path, so it stays on the record. I don't have huge problems with it (adequate humidity) but if I did I might try installing a grounded wire with a few carbon fibers that ride against the record surface. Providing a conductive path from vinyl to ground might help - or not - I haven't actually tried it.
You would be amazed what a Humidifier will do for your analog set up. I have a dedicated room that is also climate controlled and if a room is to dry this will lead to what you are decribed. Does not have to run all the time.
Dont be so sure a Humidifier will work, I use one right next to my deck and it wont cure platter static, I got my dad a Zerostat for a birthday gift but couldnt afford my own, so next I am going to try my own gun. To be honest my Humidifier isnt a very expensive unit...$65.00 but being on fixed income I do what I can so another unit may help more than mine does. I only really have trouble with pulling off the platter so Stat gun should be perfect for my needs.