TW Acoustic Raven owners

Hi

I recently got my Raven AC, and I already love my new turntable. It is definitly the greatest piece of audio gear I have owned or heard so far. Lately I've seen the Raven has popped up in a lot of threads on this forum, so I thought it was time to start a dedicated thread to share experiences with the TT.

My system is: TW Raven AC/Hadcock 242 SE arm/Empire EDR.9 cart/Whest Audio Ltd PS.20 + MSU.20 phono. I will soon get a Phantom arm which I will use with a Transfiguration Temper V cartridge.

When I mounted the Hadcock/EDR.9 on the Raven AC, I was not really expecting a lot, since both the arm and cartidge are very cheap. Well, I was wrong, and once and for all understood the importance of a good deck. The music flowed from a rock solid foundation and just nailed me to the listening chair. The soundstage is very deep and wide with delicate layering. The music is seamless and totally effortless. But what impresses me most is the ability the Raven has to draw me into the music and show me the heart and soul of the performer. Just beautiful.
I can't imagine how it will sound with the Phantom/Temper in place, but I suppose it will be another step up:-)

What are you're experiences with the Raven, and what arms/carts do you use?

Theo, Copenhagen
freshpuma
Hi guys. Got my Raven AC 2+ months ago. Happy with the turntable. Just as I reached my 200 hrs, the motor started to give me some problem- loud clicking noise emitted from the motor. Told my dealer abt it few days ago. Still waiting for reply. Anyone with such problem? I m surprise it happen to a 1st class product. Anyway, Happy listening to you who is still able to listen to your vinyl
Hi

I have reached about 75 hours I think, and no problems. Hope everything works out fast so you can enjoy your TT. I'm looking forward to be hearing what is wrong with your motor and how it will be fixed.

Theo
Hi guys. Posting this message earlier but somehow didnt get posting by moderator. I wish to make a clarification about my posting yesterday when I wrote that I have a problem with the Raven AC turntable motor. Basically I m very happy with this turntable. I have been sourcing for turntable for more than a year before I settled on Raven AC and waited 5-6mths for it. To me it is the most value for money turntable among the high end turntable. In fact there is a very interesting forum at audioexotics from HK about Raven AC. My posting is just to check whether anybody has any problem with their motor. Anyway I hope my motor problem is only a 1 off thing by the manufacturer. After all we can expect perfection from the manufacturer. Happy listening
There was a new motor controller provided free of charge. It was basically an update. Not sure when it was released. I do know Thomas was providing them via the dealers to people. Jeff in the US was taking care of his US customers. It is a simple swap of a small chip in the power supply. Both Thomas and Jeff are two of the most attentive people to customer needs.

I will add for anyone who hasn't tried it, behind the turntable on the Raven AC just under the platter on the aluminum part is a screw. I attached a grounding cable from ground directly to the turntable. This is due to excess static that is in my environment. It made a huge difference. Most people don't know that the turntable itself benefits from grounding.

Audioblazer,

As I understand you are not in the US?