tubes and analog

I just "upgraded" from a Mac SS integrated to a Prima luna dialogue 2 tube amp. The reason that I changed amps was that i assumed that the tube amp would be a better match for my Zu Druid speakers. The amp change was a big improvment for listening through my CDP....but not so when listening to my Rega P9. I had to switch to my spare SS phono stage (Graham slee) to get it to sound right. I was using a tube phono (AES) with my Mac. In Short, my tube amp with SS phono stage is not really an upgrade from my Mac with Tube phono stage. My question is.....should i consider a further upgrade to a better tube phono pre or is it simply that a change from SS to Tube amp is more "pronounced" in digital playback?
csmithbarc
Adjustable for MC only.. MM I believe you will have one option, 47kohms… So yes if you decide to go with a better MC cart over the Rega you have which I assume is MM then it would be important. For MC you have several loading options to optimize the sound. I am guessing the stage you have now is MM only, if it is MC too I would assume it has some loading options for you already. I am not familure with the equipment you have, other Analog guys could help you out further. I think the AES is MM only?
Dear Atmasphere: +++++ " Tubes are able to retrieve greater detail than transistors and they sound more relaxed. " +++++

IMHO this statement is a little out of reality/true. The design in the audio device is critical for the sound reproduction and from that design ( it does not matters tube or SS ) we can achieve more or less " to retrieve greater detail....relaxed " sound.

I know very well your units but I would not exhibit any of your products.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
I agree 100% with Rauliruegas. One may prefer tube over SS, but stating that tubes retrieve more detail than transistors is simply misleading.
Rauliruegas and Opus111, there is nothing misleading about my statement at all and it is very easy to demonstrate at any level of cost. Raul in particular, your statement does not make a lot of sense. I have to assume that you do not know our equipment at all and certainly have not heard it.
Dear Atmasphere: Absolutely wrong: I heard it in three different audio systems.

Please don't go a head with: +++++ " there is nothing misleading about my statement at all and it is very easy to demonstrate at any level of cost ... " +++++.

I'm not against the tube technology but it is totally unfair to make the kind of statements that you do, that kind of opinion does not help to the people only confuse them because today there are many examples of SS technology that in several ways and overall are better than the best tube technology : and like you say " is very easy to demonstrate ".

Please stay calm about.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.