Vintage vinyl or new reissues?

Can someone comment on this subject. Preferably someone who has compared the old with new reissues. For example would a new sealed bob dylan highway 61 revisted, released by columbia always sound better than good reissues? How does one approach this question?
In the context that both the records are clean, mold, warp and scratch free and in like new condition. This thread is not about price but about which, if executed properly, will deliver the best SONIC results. Thanks.
vertigo
I bet but would not spend the bucks to find out that the expensive 45rpm sets beat the crap out of the originals.
The Fantasy 45 Series of reissues from Analogue Productions (all 45 rpm) is about as close to hearing the original master tapes as I ever expect to get in my lifetime.
Enjoy it, Albert! I think the "Times They Are A'Changin'" mono reissue from Sundazed is even better. Choose for the music you like. I've enjoyed all of them.
I'm with Pops. Very few, including the 45RPM reissues, are as nice as the originals.

I have about 3 dozen reissues and for the most part it was money I could have spent more wisely.
jazz is even worse
those original blue note deep groove lps are now all the collectors rage going for $300-$500 for mint copies
collectors are taking music lovers out of the equation on rarer jazz lps
the reissues are good but some high end dynamics have been lost on those old mastertapes over all the years

for rock - buy original first edition pressings from the country of orgin (generally U.S. or U.K.)
some Japanese copies are quite good
usually you can go to an artist discussion board website and ask on vinyl details