Stockfisch Records

I cried when I started listening to my new Stockfisch LP's that arrived a few hours ago. The quality is unbelievable! Is it possible for vinyl to sound so good? I am dumbstruck...
It is like my system got a facelift!

Is there other Stockfisch users out there?

Dewald
dewald_visser
If only reviewers started to publish "compression" or "loudness" ratings as part of a CD reviews.

See this article Loud CD's

and this

How To Make Better Recordings

These articles give insight into why many people are finding CD's to be very fatiguing for lengthy periods of listening....as one Mastering Engineer describes "You just crank up the EQ and then you compress it digitally so everything sounds like a machine gun".

I remember a time when you couldn't easily find a decent cup of coffee in North America.....everyone served crap....then along came Starbuck's and served something decent! (Of course Starbucks won't go far in Italy, as a decent cup of coffee remained widely available in that country.)

Some day someone in the audio industry will realize the huge opportunity for a "Starbuck's for digital recordings" and re-re-master everything and charge a premium!!!!
the percentage of 'all music' played on conventional 2 channel home stereos is so small, don't expect much more than sara k. the old joke has always been true...the worse the performance, the better the sound. there are exceptions, but 99% of prerecorded music is made to sound like prerecorded music.......support artists, not ambience.
Pawlowski6132,
Have you heard the David Roth's "Pearl Diver" LP on Stockfisch ?
Simply stunning recording and great music.
Rgds,
Larry
Didn't have any issue with my Sara K LP. Maybe it needs to be cleaned? Many of my new LPs arrived with some surface dust and pop noise which were solved by running them through the cleaner. Great sounding LP! Crappy music? I don't think so. Many of these small label artists may not be as popular, but they still produce beautiful music.

FrankC