no body is buying anything on audiogon

90 percent of the ads on audiogon nobody buys. why advertise its not going to sell
deloaks1
Nobody's been anything here for a long time now, since before Christmas. Everyone knows it, dealers are dying, used sales are hopeless. It's called the economy. Hard to justify buying $20K speakers et al. when your job is in jeopardy and your investment portfolio is down over 50% from just a year ago.

Face it--high end audio are luxury goods. You look at your stocks and see YHOO over $200 and RBAK over $150 and you say cool! Think I'll buy those Wilson X-1s and ARC Ref 600s. Now you look at those same stocks and see YHOO under $20 and RBAK under $10, and suddenly it's a bit harder to rationalize the purchase of a ridiculous $80K pair of speakers and $30K pair of amps, huh?

It's called the wealth effect. And it ain't working in high end audio's favor nowadays.
How can you tell?
I bought a big Krell amp. The seller never posted it as sold; the ad just expired. ie: you wouldn't know there was a sale.
For most of the country, summertime is short and people tend to spend as much time as possible outdoors. The hobby tends to pick up in the late fall. Living in Florida, as I do, it is a summertime hobby since it is over 90 degrees for five months of the year. Way to hot to be outside. Don