Looking for turntable for under $1000

I've been looking at turntables but don't want to spend over $1000. I like the Pro-ject line because they have RCA jacks at the base of the tonearm which allows the user to choose any interconnect he wants. Also like the fact that, unlike the Rega, the the VTA can be easily adjusted. I've narrowed it down to the Xpression ($500), RM-6 SB ($900) and the Xperience ($1000). Would be interested in all your thoughts. Thanks everyone. Bob
bobgates
Watch for a used Basis 1400. They usually come with a Rega 300 or better. Same motor that is used on the Basis Debut and has a single set screw for VTA adjustment. Way better than the tables you mention. Of course this is assuming you will consider buying used. While the ability to swap out cables can be a positive, it is also adding an additional connection in the path of a very small signal. Something to think about it.

Good luck with your search!

Dan
Check out www.vinylnirvana.com for used quality tables.very nice stuff.....
Dan ed and Thorman - Thanks for your suggestions; it would appear that there is not much interest in Pro-ject tables here on Audiogon; probably should opt for a Basis or VPI.